“You must come here!!!!!!!”
Review of Maple Lodge

Maple Lodge
Ranked #14 of 52 Wanaka B&B and Inns
Karratha, Australia
“You must come here!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Do you want to relax in style...... Yes?, then this place is a must. We arrived in the late afternoon and were greeted at the door by Berny and Paul. We were invited in and offered a wine once we settled. It felt like we had been friends for ages. The rooms were beautiful, the breakfast cooked to perfection and the afternoon tea was a real treat. It was service my wife and I have never experienced before. Believe me when I tell you that you will be spoilt thoroughly and there are little hidden treats throughout your stay that will make it truly memorable. Anyone who makes an adverse comment regarding Maple Lodge Clearly stayed elsewhere and got on here by accident!!!!! Berny and Paul, we will be coming back here for sure!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bangkok
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Paul & Berny will pamper you here. Maple Lodge is well located with great views to the surrounding mountains. The Lodge is purpose-designed and is secluded and private in its own extensive grounds, a few kilometres out of town. The Owners take care to ensure a pleasant stay, including a delicious afternoon tea with home=made scones and jams. They are very friendly and helpful and this made our 2-night stay quite delightful and memorable. I would recommend Maple Lodge to anyone visiting Wanaka.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We recently celebrated our wedding at Maple Lodge Wanaka and really could not have asked for anything more!

When choosing where to hold our wedding, we considered many different options, and chose Maple Lodge as believed the service and package they offered was better than any other in Wanaka...and we were not disappointed.

We stayed for 4 nights over the wedding along with the rest of the bridal party and our families. Paul & Bernie went out of their way to ensure that everything ran smoothly, and went above and beyond with the service they offered.

Once the pavilion marquee was erected, the lodge was transformed and felt like a whole different world. It went from a homely comfortable bed and breakfast to a classy, elegant venue which completed our special day.

The rooms are lovely, each room has it's own theme and I would highly recommend booking the Premium Suite which is what we stayed in. The rooms were extremely spacious and gave us enough room to spread out all our piles and piles of things for the wedding!

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Maple Lodge to anyone else planning a wedding, as we got everything we expected and more!

Room Tip: The Premium Suite on the garden side of the lodge has spectacular views of the mountains and is just...
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Poor value, particularly the package we purchased. Service was non existent except for the provision of breakfast, but even that was nothing special, considering the rating. Were offered wine on first night, accepted and then were provided with a red wine that was off. Reminded me of faulty towers that effort :). Apologies for having to make this review, but the whole experience was just unsatisfactory.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Trippyfish
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2012

For my sister's wedding last month I spent four nights at Maple Lodge alongside the rest of the bridal party. Having already visited Maple Lodge once before with a friend I knew the great things I could expect of this accommodation and I was not disappointed. As this location served as both our accommodation and our reception venue I feel that I must comment on both. I have travelled a lot and know what it is like to enter a room with hopeful expectations and find that it is much less than you had expected, so I think these review websites are really important!! The rooms were spacious, clean and a delight to stay in. I would love to know where they source their beds as I have never had a better sleep. I loved how each of the rooms were uniquely themed, all allowing plenty of floor space for hair and make-up design on the morning of the wedding. We also enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning, containing a wide range of local and homemade products to tantalise the tastebuds (homemade preserves, tasty fruit salads and scones and muffins fresh from the oven!!). The hosts, Paul and Bernie, provided an excellent service - whether this was in keeping our hunger at bay, servicing the rooms or just providing some quality local knowledge of the Wanaka area. We were amazed to see how this modern yet homely lodge was then transformed into a stunning, spacious reception venue. The marquee provided an excellent flow between the comfort of the dining room and the beauty of the carefully landscaped outdoor area. In planning the wedding, we did not feel limited in numbers and were able to work alongside Paul and Bernie in deciding on the best in catering, entertainment and design for the wedding day. Paul and Bernie appear to have a lot of experience in planning this sort of event and had some great connections with local companies which helped to make the day a huge success. I would not hesitate to recommend this venue to others in future, whether this be for a few night's escape or for a function such as we had. Maple Lodge is becoming a much talked about feature amongst my family and friend groups and I can only say that I very much look forward to my next stay there!

Room Tip: Having seen most of the rooms on this trip I would struggle to really recommend one over the other...
UK
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We recently spent 2 nights at this delightful B&B and enjoyed every minute we were there. The room was very comfortable (we had a premier suite), with plenty of room and a small patio in front. The hosts, Paul and Bernie were very welcoming and made every effort to ensure we were well looked after. The breakfast was delicious and the homemade muffins were especially yummy. The setting is tranquil and amongst maple trees, so we really felt part of the countryside. We felt very much at home in this B&B. Highly recommended!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2012

After several days at the lodge I could only come to the conclusion that this was a Boutique Hotel that chose not to offer evenings meals. The quality of the rooms, the furnishings, the delghtful area where you take their gorgeous breakfasts and the full conceirge service are entirely consistant with such a discription. The lodge is set amid an orchard of trees and the room we stayed in had stunning views of the foothills of the Southern Alps as well as some of the peaks. It is reached by its own private road producing a sense of exclusiveness and serenity which is quite different from the accomodation in Wanaka.

Wanaka, 10 minutes down the road, is about gentle hospitality a few good restaurants offering "new healthy cooking" as well as the best Indian Restaurant on the South Island. 15 minutes down the road in the opposite direction is Wanaka Airport and a journey there may lead you to Milford Sound via Mount Aspiring or Mount Cook or even skydiving.

The climate in Central Otago is ideal for those wishing to avoid Northern Hemisphere winters with annual rainfall of 12 inchs a year.

Would I return, no doubt about it, I would be "There and Back Again" in a shot.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple