“stop off on the way to Manapouri”

Soulfood Organic Store & Cafe
Ranked #38 of 89 Restaurants in Wanaka
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Arrived in town tired and very hungry and there is
Soul Food in front of us. Lovely fresh salad and frattata and Redbush tea. Great. ALso good advice about the road to take for the rest of our journey.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

As a gluten and dairy intolerant traveller in NZ, finding a good coffee can be a challenge as a lot of cafes use soy milk with malt barley in it. It was a relief to find this little haven that served beautiful strong plunger coffee in pretty tea cups with rice milk. To top off the hippy vibe they have gluten free vegan sugar free muffins. And you can shop for fair trade chocolate and locally grown herbal teas while you wait. This is my new fave, seating is limited but the best seat for me was the window seat, they have outdoor seating but in winter its a bit chilly.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were in Wanaka in January, 2013 and enjoyed a couple of meals at Soulfood Cafe during our stay. As my youngest son & I are both Gluten & Dairy free I was joyed on the discovery of the Soulfood Cafe. The owner serves up an awesome Breakfast omelet & the Soup oh my it was so yummy. Do your self a favour if ever in Wanaka enjoy a meal at Soulfood as they really have delicious meals and they also have a great range of Organic fruit & Vegs & Gluten Free & Dairy Free Grocery lines.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Full disclosure: I eat everything. However, my significant other is effectively vegan. This can make finding food in meat-centric places challenging at times. This cafe/grocery had some strong offerings like pizza and quiche for those not wanting to indulge their inner carnivore. Both me and the SO were able to find breakfast and lunch options on separate visits. There is also a small grocery here. Though we didn't end up needing anything. The staff is knowledgable about what is and is not vegetarian and vegan (you'd be surprised how many restaurants offer vegetarian options with fish sauce or chicken). Coffee drinks were fairly good too. We were in Wanaka for two days and made it here twice. So, saying I'd go back on a return visit to Wanaka is an obvious statement, but, I'll say it anyway.

1  Thank Unpossible
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I remebered this cafe/shop from a previous trip 3 years before, so was glad it was still around. First visit they'd sold out of lunch, but the next day we were able to have open Mediterranean style wraps and frittata, fresh juice - which is often hard to come by in tourist spots - and even take away some of the owner's fresh made hummus. And buy some organic eggs and tomatoes for breakfast! Good vibes.

1  Thank GerryNZ_11