“A very nice meal in a lovely spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wineglass Cafe & Sargoods Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 79 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Enjoy the fresh and contemporary atmosphere in Sargoods Restaurant and Wineglass Cafe, situated at the very heart of Edgewater. Savour the outstanding New Zealand wines and cuisine, from the Wineglass Cafe menu, on the surrounding outdoors terrace area, and soak up the spectacular scenery and ambience of Lake Wanaka. Enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet in Sargoods Restaurant daily.
Andover, Massachusetts
“A very nice meal in a lovely spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We did not stay at the Edgewater, but in retrospect we wish we had. It's a lovely place. We did end up eating there twice in to days, which probably says something. My wife had a breaded chicken with fettuccini, while I had an Angus burger paired with a dark beer.

• Visited August 2012

Australia
“5 Stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent food and service. Can`t go wrong dining here!

Visited April 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We enjoyed a couple of meals here.A great idea for those of us who enjoy smaller meals - is a choice of 3 tapa size tasters.

Visited July 2012
Pukerau, Southland
“Classy & tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We enjoyed our experience here, for something a bit more classy, didn't let us down.

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Tasty lunch and divine garlic bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I went with friends who live in Wanaka and who go to Sargood's to have lunch on about 4 out of every 5 Sundays. They enjoy it for a great number of reasons so we were happy to be guided by them.
We sat outside on a very hot day, and waiters had reserved a table overlooking the lake. Super views, quiet, and no feeling of being cramped or jostled by too many tables too close.

Staff were very efficient, courteous, and sensitive since one of our party had to arrive late. The garlic bread I ordered was just simply the nicest I have ever eaten when out; light, airy and yet perfectly seasoned. My garlic soup (one that I try whenever I see it on a menu) was fairly fully herbed and slightly less garlicky than I prefer - but still extremely delicious and I was very happy with it. My omelette to follow was beautifully cooked. My husband's eggs with smoked salmon he said were lovely and very similar to eggs Benedict. STaff at all times were just quietly there when needed and made no attempt to usher us away when we had finished. The cost we felt to be very reasonable given the quality and overall standard of the lunch - something we will certainly do again when next in Wanaka.
I would highly recommend this restaurant - in fact I was rather amazed that it wasn't higher up the list of places to eat in Wanaka.

• Visited February 2012