“Classy & tasty”

Wineglass Cafe & Sargoods Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 85 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the fresh and contemporary atmosphere in Sargoods Restaurant and Wineglass Cafe, situated at the very heart of Edgewater. Savour the outstanding New Zealand wines and cuisine, from the Wineglass Cafe menu, on the surrounding outdoors terrace area, and soak up the spectacular scenery and ambience of Lake Wanaka. Enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet in Sargoods Restaurant daily.
Pukerau, Southland
“Classy & tasty”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We enjoyed our experience here, for something a bit more classy, didn't let us down.

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Tasty lunch and divine garlic bread”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I went with friends who live in Wanaka and who go to Sargood's to have lunch on about 4 out of every 5 Sundays. They enjoy it for a great number of reasons so we were happy to be guided by them.
We sat outside on a very hot day, and waiters had reserved a table overlooking the lake. Super views, quiet, and no feeling of being cramped or jostled by too many tables too close.

Staff were very efficient, courteous, and sensitive since one of our party had to arrive late. The garlic bread I ordered was just simply the nicest I have ever eaten when out; light, airy and yet perfectly seasoned. My garlic soup (one that I try whenever I see it on a menu) was fairly fully herbed and slightly less garlicky than I prefer - but still extremely delicious and I was very happy with it. My omelette to follow was beautifully cooked. My husband's eggs with smoked salmon he said were lovely and very similar to eggs Benedict. STaff at all times were just quietly there when needed and made no attempt to usher us away when we had finished. The cost we felt to be very reasonable given the quality and overall standard of the lunch - something we will certainly do again when next in Wanaka.
I would highly recommend this restaurant - in fact I was rather amazed that it wasn't higher up the list of places to eat in Wanaka.

• Visited February 2012
Northumberland
“At last a good restaurant in Wanaka”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We have been looking for good restaurant food in Wanaka for the last 7 years and this year we found one.
Good location, good service, good food and reasonable price.

• Visited December 2011
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Family favourite”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We have been coming to Sargoods for many years, and it never disappoints. Kids live the outdoor sace, putting holes, trampoline and grass to run around on. We watched the world cup quarter finals on the big screen which was great.
Food always good, service great, nice to still see the same faces each visit- must be a good place to work! Will be back again next week for coffees with an amazing view

Wanaka New Zealand
“very warm atmosphere with pleasant surroundings excellent views and great food and service!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

firstly I found all of the staff friendly and helpful and provided excellent service, we ate here on 3 occasions trying new dishes each time all of which we really enjoyed and found great value for money!! we stayed for drinks each time after our meal as the place was so inviting.
nothing to dislike.