“Your average Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our greeting was not overly friendly, a few spare tables, but the hostess made it look like she could just squeeze us in.

A long wait for first service, but then our waiter was fun, chatty and efficient.
Did get the order wrong.....but with a smile.
Good food, but not with raving about.

There are newer reviews for AmiGos Mexican Grill

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I was worried after going to the site of the old Amigos, that they had closed. But I'm glad I asked the locals if it still existed. It's moved to bigger and brighter premises and the interior of the place has a really authentic Mexican cantina feel. But it's all about the food. The have always served tasty meals and the move certainly hasn't changed the quality of the place. What I like about Amigos is the value for money and the good quantity of good you get. And my tip is the lime margarita and the BBQ ribs. Both are absolutely spot on!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This was one of the best nights out in NZ. Two families with 4 excitable kids.
Service was great, fast and friendly.
Food was great, actually it was excellent and served in record time and all together - this was the best Mexican food and restaurant we have ever been to.
Kids entertained with colour -in pictures, kids meal prices very good, adult meal prices in line with many other restaurants.
We highly recommend this restaurant and would go there again.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Love this place, good food, cheap prices, large portions and friendly service. And you can wear a sombrero if you want!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I had a great time at Amigos, I had the passionfruit margarita which was super sweet, but so yum! I had the pork nachos which were so delicious! They pulled two outdoor heaters to our table so we could stay outside and enjoy the sunset and stay warm! Great service and delicious food.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant