“A good afternoon”

Combo Admission to Puzzling World
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Wanaka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Wanaka's wonderful world of weirdness! Puzzling World has been messing with people's heads since 1973. Bizarre buildings, rooms of illusions and our famous maze will baffle your brain and challenge your perceptions of reality. Even if you only pay a visit to New Zealand's most unusual public toilets, your world will never be the same again. Seeing is disbelieving!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This turned out to be great way to spend a cold afternoon. We took the kids(aged 15 and 12) and all of us had great fun. The maze was challenging for all of us with some healthy "discussion" on which way to go and by the time we had completed it we were all warmed up. It is sheltered from the wind so cold days are no bother. Indoors has some great mind bending rooms and the cafe area has loads of free puzzles for all ages to try and complete. Would recommend this to all ages.

PuzzlingWorld, Manager at Puzzling World, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your awesome review.

I'm glad we could offer you some joy on a wintery spring (?) day, it seems the whole family got involved with "healthy discussions" and" bended minds" being the order of the day!

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you back at Puzzling World!

Puzzling World

Write a ReviewReviews (1,645)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have visited this venue several times and we always love it. We are not getting any quicker at the maze however. A recommended stop.

PuzzlingWorld, Manager at Puzzling World, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hi Rendomorph,

Thanks for your fantastic review! We love it when our repeat customers have just as much fun as the last time they visited!

We look forward to showing off our new illusion room to you next time you're down

Duncan

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went with low expextations and was pleasantly surprised - a fun arvo out for kids and adults, some real brain bending spaces, very interactive and some fun photos to boot. Worth the visit.

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your great review! We're always happy when expectations are surpassed - the downside of having low admission prices is often that people expect it relates to quality.

Enjoy your photos, we hope to see you back at Puzzling World again!

Duncan

Reviewed October 3, 2012

myself and my partner (26-28) went to the puzzling world and while we felt a little silly at first because there were a few children around, we ended up having a ball. highly recommended.

PuzzlingWorld, Manager at Puzzling World, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Hi Amays,

Thanks for your fantastic review!

I'm really glad you both had heaps of fun with us and got in touch with your "silly" side!

We hope to see you again at Puzzling World,

Operations Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is definitely something refreshing after seeing soooo many mountains and lakes in NZ. I'd suggest spending at least 2-3 hours there. It is not so far from downtown Wanaka, probably 20 minutes walk and 10 minutes bike ride. There is a Mt. Iron Track (approx 1.5 - 2 hours) just across the road and from the top you get an awesome panoramic view of Lake Wanaka and the surrounding mountains.

Back to the Puzzling World, the illusion rooms are mind-boggling. The hologram hall is pretty cool and impressive. The maze is HUGE and initially, it was a little frustrating and I thought of going out one of those "emergency exits", but I persisted and eventually completed it in less than 30 minutes! I would have done the difficult challenge but it was getting dark. There is a cafe where you can get food and drinks and try out the different puzzles at the tables. There is also a huge selection of puzzles and games for you to purchase as souvenir. My favourite part of the place has got to be the Tilted House. It's sooo trippy. I couldn't walk fast and straight even if I tried - I felt like I was about to tumble over anytime! I don't think words can describe the fascinating and puzzling encounter you'll get at this place. You'd have to experience it for yourself!

Hi Alienshu,

Thanks for your fantastic review!

I'm really glad you persevered in the Maze - 30 minutes is a great time :)

It sounds like you had a blast in the Tilted House and that the puzzles also added to the "Trippy" experience for you. We hope to see you again at Puzzling World

Operations Manager