Clearbrook Motel Wanaka
$162
$130
Ramada Resort Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Pool
Edgewater(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$116
$97
Wanaka Luxury Apartments(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$126
Distinction Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$100
$92
  • Pool
Wanaka View Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$123
$84
Agoda.com
$210
Wanaka Haven(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
$217
$211
All reviewswashing machine and dryerbabbling brookstream runninggreat locationsmall streamspa bathbalcony overlookingfull kitchenlovely streamseparate bedroomclose to towncooking facilitieslaundry facilitiesviews of the mountainswell equipped kitchenrooms are largenew zealand
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed in March 2012 and had a top level king bed room and was plesently surprised. The hotel is an easy walk to all the main eats in Wanaka and is very clean and well appointed self contained with enough utilities to stay in if you wish. A good washing machine was a bonus. One element we really liked is all the rooms have a rippling stream in front of the balcony or courtyard that sounds like your staying near a trout stream. Overall the staff were excellent, room very spacious, bed comfy and best of all we were charged only NZ$155 for the night which is a good price.

Room Tip: Go an upstairs room to get view of lake downstairs has courtyards with stream.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
frankali, Owner at Clearbrook Motel Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Clearbrook so much and that you enjoyed being so near the Bullock Creek - I believe it is one of the best features of our property!

Thank you also for your kind words with regards to service and the cost of our accommodation. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay in New Zealand and should you ever visit Wanaka again we would love to welcome you back to Clearbrook!

Louise

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We recently stayed here for four nights and found that all the good things that people had written about this motel were correct. Very clean, the owners were very friendly and the unit had everything that we needed for our stay. It was a short walk to shops, cinema, waterfront. The little stream running in front of our unit was just gorgeous - they say there are trout in it. We didn't see any but there probably are - there are trout everywhere in NZ!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
frankali, Owner at Clearbrook Motel Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Clearbrook and I am sorry you didn't get to see any of the trout!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and should you ever come back to Wanak we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Very nice motel in good location. Very good facilities.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and facilities.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed in room 1 on the ground floor. The hosts were very helpful with suggestions and making dinner reservations. The room had a large comfy king size bed and a love seat for watching TV. The kitchenette had a 4 burner stove and oven. This was the only 4 burner stove top I saw during my trip. There is also a table and chair for dining inside and a patio area outside next to the brook with table and chairs. The patio was very relaxing with a glass of wine, listening to the brook, and feeding day old bread to the resident goose. The bathroom was a good size. The shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. The best part of the room is the washer and dryer in the room with no fee. The washer takes liquid detergent which you can pick up at the New World grocery store, less than a 5 min walk. The location of the hotel is great. You can walk to the lake front, Cinema Paradiso, or the DOC site in less than 10 min. I thoroughly enjoyed Wanaka and my stay at Clearbrook.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and positive review. I am so glad you enjoyed your time in Wanaka and we are delighted to be ranked as one of your top 3 motels in the South Island!

I hope the rest of your holiday was enjoyable and should you ever get the chance to visit Wanaka again we would love to have you stay with us!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

We booked online based on the reviews here and got a room at a pretty decent price compared to the other places in NZ. The motel is situated about a 5-10 minute walk from the lakefront and since everything is so close by in Wanaka, the location is very good. There is a small stream that runs through the motel lawns and we loved the sound of the flowing water through it.
We reached in the afternoon and got an upstairs room which was larger than we had expected and had nice views of Mt Aspiring. The room had a kitchenette and the bathroom was clean and pretty well maintained. The property has parking within its premises although you wouldn't need your car inside Wanaka :) as everything is close by.
The reception staff helped us in booking tickets for Cinema Paradiso and we also got free milk for the morning and since the room doesn't have air conditioning they even gave us a table fan.
Definitely good value for money...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
frankali, Front Office Manager at Clearbrook Motel Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you had an enjoyable time in Wanaka and I am so glad you found our accommodation to be good value for what you paid.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I hope you enjoyed your experience at Cinema Paradiso!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip, thank you again for your review.

Louise