“Spacious with spectacular view of lake wanaka and mountains”

Lakeside Apartments
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Wanaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Spacious with spectacular view of lake wanaka and mountains”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spacious apartment which gives me the cozy home feeling. I strongly agree with all the pros written in other reviews. View was spectacular as I woke up to a snow top mountain in the morning (was raining overnight). A garage parking allocated for guest. The only issue was the glaring hot sun before sunset, however sun block curtains did the job. Wanaka do have a lot of events all year round, therefore early booking is encourage. Value for $ and highly recommended.

1 Thank Daniel N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Huge apartment with everything you need. Very clean and comfortable. Great welcome from Richard. Good location overlooking the Lake and easy walking distance from shops and restaurants. Really felt like a home from home.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have used tripadvisor as a tool for the absolute best stay. It can be hit and miss. This is the first time I have been inspired to type a review.

I can truly say that the Lakeside Apartments deserves all the positive praise they have received and more. Beautifully serviced with friendly staff. Central to everything (I love convenience when travelling).

I can not wait to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy M, Public Relations Manager at Lakeside Apartments, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for your taking the time to review your recent stay and we are pleased your stay has resulted in you reviewing us.

We always like to hear from guests whose expectations we have met and affirm that our reviews reflect the accommodation standards.

At Lakeside Apartments, we all work together as a team to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay - and from your point of view, a convenient stay,

We look forward to seeing you again at Lakeside Apartments.
Longmont
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here in December 2013. It is an absolutely stunning property. The apartment we had was VERY large and well equipped with a huge kitchen. It has lovely views of the Lake. Stay here you will love it!!!

Room Tip: We were in a room on the middle level in the middle of the complex. Great view but the family below...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have recently stayed in the Sofitel, the Novotel, the Crowne Plaza on various times in various cities during this New Zealand holiday. If I were their manager I would be sending my people to these Lakeside Apartments to see how friendliness, cleanliness and luxury at a reasonable price should and can be done! We were blown away by the quality, comfort and size of this modern apartment. Jaw dropping might be apt. I could live permanently here, particularly with their generous free and untimed internet (thank you so, so much!). Under floor heating on every tiled surface, numerous wall heaters, two comfy settees and single lounge chair, beautiful timber table with six dining chairs, the biggest tv I have ever seen, our own laundry, double-sinked bathroom, gorgeous balcony with ample furniture, heated pool and spa and communal barbeque with (thankfully) set finishing time for use and lastly a lock-up personal garage. I can't think of a single thing to fault, which is very unusual for me. We had a 2nd floor one bedroom apartment which is easily accessed by all (prams, disabled etc) with a view to die for. The only small suggestion I might make is that a fan be provided to each apartment as there is no air conditioner. I wish I knew of lovely Wanaka and these apartments before I left home as I regretted booking only one night. Queenstown is an easy jump from there - I wish I knew that! My hint to you is if the booking sites are showing no vacancy as they did for me, ring the managers direct - it worked for me!

Room Tip: 2nd floor gives a spectacular view and is a little quieter away from the pool and barbeque.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank for your comprehensive review of Lakeside Apartments.

Always good to hear how much guests love staying here and yes those 'to die for' views from every apartment certainly take your breath away.

Queenstown is a short distance drive over the hill - around one hour - so is easily managed in a day trip, extending your stay at Lakeside - something we are always keen for our guests to do.

All our apartments have fans, in the cupboard, so I am only sorry you did not ask reception during your stay. We do encourage all our guests to let us know if there is anything needed.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope you are back again soon.
Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I were very much looking forward to a return trip to Wanaka. What a lovely town. Much quieter and quaint than Queenstown. The apartment is spacious, clean and comfortable. Though a little over priced. I suppose it comes with being in such a tourist location. Lovely pool, spa and hot tub. Perfect location to the town centre, friendly staff. Love the private laundry in your apartment and outdoor laundry hanger that you can put on your spacious private patio. Though for the price, laundry soap could be included. We stayed at the Oceans Resort in Whitianga for 150 less per night which also had a pool, ocean view, large apartment, close to town centre and laundry soap. I would highly recommend this accommodation. Only place we stayed with a tv in the bedroom, though with limited channels. Would stay here again and again. You couldn't go wrong here, it's great.

Room Tip: If you are going to be using the pool and BBQ area alot than stay on the 1st floor. You can still ha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your stay.

We agree, Wanaka is a lovely town and with our accommodation central and lakeside with luxurious 5 star facilities the price is not cheap. Many of our guests consider our prices to be good value, considering the location and the accommodation offered.

I am sorry you did not locate the free laundry soap, which is in the door tray of the laundry tub. Complimentary laundry soap is available throughout guest stays and topped up by our housekeeping staff.

The TV in the lounge has 50 plus channels and yes the bedroom TV has a smaller package of 14 plus channels.

We are so pleased you want to stay with us 'again and again', so look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in February on our South Island tour & really wished we could have stayed longer! The apartments are fantastic! Beautifully fitted & furnished with great bathroom & kitchen & lovely spacious open plan feel. We were on the 2nd floor with a stunning view of the lake & mountains & large balcony with tables & chairs & loungers. The laundry facilities in the kitchen are so useful & easy to use. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you could need - a real home from home! Managers are on hand & very helpful. Pool & hot tub area are lovely & warm enough to use, even on a cool day.
The location is great for the shops & supermarket for supplies & there is a beautiful walk around the lake which shouldn't be missed. Wanaka is a beautiful, peaceful place to spend some time & a dream place to live. This apartment enables you to live in luxury there for a while. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: The higher apartments have the best views!