“Wonderful Kitchen”

Francesca's Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Excellent, affordable Italian food with a vibrant atmosphere and a real wood fired pizza oven. Lunch served from 12.00 Pm to 3 pm. Dinner served from 5.00 Pm to late. Bookings essential for dinner. We accept Cash, Eftpos, Visa, Mastercard and American Express only. Gift Vouchers available. No wifi. Open seven days a week.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Wonderful Kitchen”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great food and service. Always each evening booked out.
I have never been in such an active kitchen with so many chefs and pizza chefs working so sell together to serve such a lovely variety of meals. Big and small. Waiting staff so mhelpful and friendly to make each visit enjoyable. In a week staying in Wanaka, we had three of our best meals here.

Visited May 2014
Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We hope to see you again. Cheers!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wanaka, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“buenisimo!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Is just AWESOME! one of the best restaurants of New Zealand, if is not the best one. The prices and quality are perfect!

• Visited December 2013
Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hi there, Thank you for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Cheers!
Wellington, New Zealand
“Lovely - couldn't fault it at all”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Great place. Informal enough for casual dining but a lovely restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.

The service was great, food was excellent (must checkout the chocolate dessert/fondant - heaven) and also had a great selection of NZ and Italian wines. Would love to go back and definitely worth a visit!

Visited April 2014
Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hi there, Thank you for your lovely review. It's much appreciated. Cheers!
Hobart, Australia
“Magnifico”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I can see why this restaurant is rated so highly. It was one of the best meals we had in Wanaka. We started with arancini filled with talleggio - the best arancini I've eaten anywhere - and potato skins with truffle oil, porcini salt and pecorino. These were delightful and something I've not tried before. My wife's salmone pizza was generous, well balanced flavours and served on a perfectly cooked thin crust. My gnocchi with beef cheek ragu was heavenly. The beef had been slow cooked until it was melting in the mouth and the gnocchi were like little clouds. I've not eaten better gnocchi elsewhere. Francesca's has an excellent wine list dominated by good New Zealand wines, but I went for an Italian Spero Valpolicella la Roverina (available by the glass) which matched the food nicely. I went for a second glass. The service was outstanding. The staff were very attentive, great with advice, very prompt and engaging. The décor is very appealing; I liked the glass jar lights. Francesca's is not easy to see from the main street, it's just behind Speight's Ale House. The restaurant is very popular so best to book in advance.

• Visited April 2014
Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hi there, Thank you for such a nice review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meals. I will pass your comments on to our staff about their great service. We hope to see you again one day. Cheers!
Wanaka, New Zealand
“Veeeeeeery nice!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Went here twice & just as good. We had the potato skins & polenta fries to start with, for mains we had peperoni pizza & gnochi, so good! Will go again for sure!

Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hi there, Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meals. The gnocchi is my personal favourite at the moment too. Cheers!