“Lower than expectations”

Francesca's Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Excellent, affordable Italian food with a vibrant atmosphere and a real wood fired pizza oven. Lunch served from 12.00 Pm to 3 pm. Dinner served from 5.00 Pm to late. Bookings essential for dinner. We accept Cash, Eftpos, Visa, Mastercard and American Express only. Gift Vouchers available. No wifi. Open seven days a week.
Sydney, Australia
“Lower than expectations”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had heard so much about this restaurant from all of our friends in Wanaka, and even failed to get in a few times due to heavy bookings. It may have been due to excessive expectations, but when we did finally get there found the meal I had (the seafood pasta) and indeed the meal my wife had (the boscaiola) to be quite bland. Entrees were very nice if not small. The service from our waitress was excellent, and the wine list expansive, especially if you like italian wines.

• Visited October 2013
Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry that the mains didn't live up to your expectations. We don't usually get complaints about the food but I will speak to the chef and we will do another taste test of those two dishes. I'm glad you enjoyed the service and the wine list though. Do come and see us if you are in Wanaka again and hopefully we will exceed your expectations then. Cheers!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Brilliant”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Agreat place to sit and ponder. The menue was interesting with local fresh produce a feature. We had our best pizza ever. The service was tops and the price reasonable. Highly recomended

Visited October 2013
Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi there, I'm so glad you enjoyed dining with us and loved your pizza. Thanks for your kind words. Cheers!
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Ambience”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After a particularly trying meeting, I went with a friend to Francesca's for lunch. So glad I did. I had a delightful salad and my colleague had the creamiest, comforting risotto I have experienced for years! (We shared). The ambience was warm and relaxing and the service unobtrusive and prompt. A feel-good restaurant for sure!

1 Thank Helen L
Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi there, Thanks for your review. I'm so glad we were able to brighten your day and that you enjoyed your lunch. We hope to see you again soon. Cheers!
“Easy and fun place to eat”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ate here for first time on Saturday night. Loved the place , food, wine and staff. Just a couple of comments - being asked 5 times if we wanted to put our order in got a bit annoying and the little flowerpots were arty but not user friendly on the table. Definitely recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We will have a word with the waitstaff about you being asked if you were ready to order too many times. We love any chance to be able to improve our service so thank you so much for your feedback. Cheers!
Christchurch, New Zealand
“I never knew there was such a nice restaurant in Wanaka.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I never knew there was such a nice restaurant in Wanaka. Great food. The interior is stunning. Tip. You must book as the great secret is out.

Visited October 2013
Hi there, Thanks so much for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed dining with us. Bookings for dinner are still essential but we are always open for lunch too. Thanks again!