“Friendly staff with delicious food ”

Sasanoki Japanese Kitchen
Ranked #30 of 91 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

I came here with mates on a Monday night with no booking, it became quite busy so booking maybe a good idea. I enjoyed the vibe of the restaurant very authentic Japanese. The dumplings were absolutely delicious. We couldn’t fault any of the food. The bento boxes were generous so much so that I couldn’t finish mine.
The staff were so helpful and friendly
Just a heads on some seated areas in the restaurant require you to take off your shoes, so if you have smelly feet you may be concerned and may want to sit at a table.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

We came here for dinner after settling into Wanaka. The food was great for Japanese in an NZ town. We also met the owner as he personally came out to talk to us and he was lovely - told us about his life etc. Overall great night with good food.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Great food authentically cooked and presented in a no-frills cafe style restaurant. We didn’t make a reservation but noticed some did - and its a small place. Also does takeaway.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place but probably shouldn’t be saying this as I don’t want it to get too busy. I eat here whenever I have someone to go out for dinner with. Favourites on the menu are Sashimi.....which is so fresh, Chicken Teriyaki.....best I have had and I lived in Asia for 6 years! And I love the octopus balls. Bruno (restaurant owner) is very welcoming and a real character....part of the reason we continue to come here.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Had this for dinner with my partner. I got curry udon don and she got soft shell crab. Both were tasty, but over priced for what it was. My curry udon had 2 small pieces of chicken, the rest udon and curry sauce. We had 4 gyoza entree and 1 Diet Coke for the grand sum of $87, and we were both still hungry. Would I go back, probably not.