“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Treated the kids and myself to a wonderful meal here. We sampled a variety of the dishes and none of us were disappointed which is quite a feat with kids ageing in range from 10 to 15. All of it was delicate and fresh and served with a smile from the lovely staff - will definitely return there again. Relatively good value for money and easily compares to the other eateries in Wanaka.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We just stop there to grab some food during our trip to Queensland and we had a very pleasant surprise. The place is a little restaurant with nothing more than very good Japanese food. The real thing!! The staff was just friendly and the curry...oh the curry, just wonderful!! We had one of the best lunch in our NZ trip.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you are after genuine and delicious Japanese cuisine, then Sasanoki is the place to dine in. I was really looking forward to returning to Wanaka and, while planning my trip, I have to admit that Sasanoki made the itinerary pretty early on.

Walking through the front door, you immediately feel welcomed and at ease. The staff are very nice and friendly. The menu is quite extensive with a choice of bento boxes, Donburi, Udon, Ramen and various entrees and others.

I started with a set of Gyoza (I love them!) as entree and had one of their Bento Box for the main - seriously good!

Located on Ardmore a few doors from Red Star, Sasanoki is a definite must-try if you're in Wanaka!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Sasanoki offers the authentic Japanese food cooked by authentic Japanese chefs. Sushi & Sashimi were excellent, and we tried their new Kaiseki entree dishes, which were superb! Three different types of dishes were delicately prepared with an excellent techniques. We really enjoyed all the food we had.

1  Thank Mieko S
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I loved this place and just wish it could be relocated to my home town. Our friends had eaten here on another day and had really liked it. The food was fresh as a daisy and beautifully cooked and presented. I love Japanese food and this fare was exceptionally good and very reasonably priced. I just wished I'd taken some pictures of it. The service was friendly and efficient too. We had a chat to the owner who is a terrific guy who somehow has been named after his dog Bruno! He just chuckled about it with a such is life air. There is only one problem with this restaurant: it's surprisingly small so you may need to get in quick.