“A great experience!”

Funny French Car Tours
Ranked #4 of 11 Food & Drink in Wanaka
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We offer a variety of fun and adventurous tours in our quirky classic Citroen 2cv, or the luxurious ds models, within the central Otago region, New Zealand, showcasing the famous newworld pinot noirs in this young wine region.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Julie was friendly and informative and she went out of her way to make our day great. More than a wine tour, we also learned about the region and went to interesting attractions. Highly recommend this tour! Thanks

There are newer reviews for Funny French Car Tours

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I did this tour last month and it was fabulous! Our wonderful guide Julie picked us up right on time for the half day experience and it was really special. The scenery was stunning and we went to 4 boutique wineries that Julie chose based on our palettes and preferences. My personal favorite was The Wooing Tree winery that has a white Pinot Noir called "Blondie." What a memorable day! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a unique and personalized wine tour. Suggestion: maybe include Queenstown along with Wanaka in the location on TripAdvisor so that more people can find this special experience!!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

NZ produces some of my favourite wines, and having someone as knowledgable and fun as Julie to guide us on a wine tasting tour and at the same time being driven in an extremely comfortable vintage car with plush seats so we didn't have to worry about drink driving was just the best idea my husband came up with on a rainy day during our honeymoon! We had so much fun that no amount of rain or wind could spoil the tour in any way! We still took in all the beauty of Cromwell, which was my request to visit, they tailored the tour to our preferences. The price is EXCELLENT value for money, other similar touring activities in the area such as flightseeing and river tours all cost more. We would definitely come back to them for another tour to other areas and highly recommend them to all our friends and anyone who's travelling to Wanaka and its surrounds!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I had an absolutely fabulous time with Julie in one of her vintage french cars during our honeymoon in New zealand. Her half day tour was one of the highlights of our one month vacation. She took us to some of the most beautiful spots and locations in the area, even dropping us off to queenstown after the tour. She was very friendly and catered for our needs which were learning all about wine making, she arranged this specially with one of the boutique wineries and the winery owner gave us a fabulous tour of his entire wineyard explaining the process in great detail. Julie also stopped in various scenic locations for us to get photos and enjoy the surroundings, in short i would rate the experience 5 stars and would highly recommend her tour.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a wonderful wine tour with Julie and her funny-french-car tour. She took us to quality boutique wineries and we didn't at all feel time-pressured in any way. She has a great sense of humour, is warm and friendly and has an awesome knowledge of the area. Excellent tour!