“Welcoming atmosphere and excellent food”
Review of Federal Diner

Federal Diner
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is the most welcoming restaurant I've found in Wanaka. I was sent there because they open early enough to get a coffee before heading off to skiing. The second time I showed up they had my flat white on the table almost before I sat down! That's what I call service!
In addition to coffee, I've eaten other excellent meals and highly recommend the Eggs Benedict.,
The clientele is always varied. I've sat next to a birthday party for a 2 year old as well as truck drivers. And they've got an excellent selection of high end magazines for browsing.

There are newer reviews for Federal Diner

Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a great place in a great town. Enjoy an excellent coffee in relaxed surroundings. This is far from fast food but a great place to sit and review the day. Free WI-Fi. What shame it close at tea time. A great spot fro saturday brunch.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went for breakfast and the selection was HUGE - and none of it the typical fare. The lunch menu seemed superb and reasonable but we never had the chance - we will return. Service was excellent and attentive - the kids were treated well too. There is an outdoor area and lots for the kids to play with.

We settled on some beautifully scrambled eggs and bacon (both organic). Tea AND coffee were proclaimed perfect - which is rare.

We will be back. Wish they did dinner so I would have more of a chance to sample their menu.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

A family friendly restaurant with home cooked food and great baking. Friendly staff. No extra charge for decaffeinated coffee. Unexpectedly sunny and upbeat.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Lovely cafe hidden away. Not the cheapest but make yummy cheese scones when you can get them!.Good coffee.