“Amazing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to cafe Lago on Tuesday,and I'm a difficult customer,I have several allergies, the chef came out and told me what was available from there huge yum looking selection, she went through the menu with me and offered to adapt everything to suit, you do not get this kind of service any where any more, i was so impressed I've been back twice and never been disappointed,the coffee was great to bonus, thank you so much for such amazing care and attention

“Eggs Benny the best in town”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Eggs Benny the best in town... So good. Coffee was ok, there ard better places in town, service was ok there was not much if a smile more a forced one. Not sure why but felt quite claustrophobic with the low lights even though they looked cool when you walk in.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Bland and forgettable”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My partner and I had breakfast at Lago recently. The omelette was quite bland, I asked for extra cheese in lieu of meat but I couldn't taste any in the omelette. The waffles were quite average as well, nothing wrong with them, but nothing great about them either. It wasn't particularly busy either.

One interesting thing was the chef wandered out of the kitchen and asked someone sitting eating at a table how to make a vegetarian omelette. I presume they were a manager, but it didn't inspire much faith if they don't know that all you do is not put meat in.

Overall I can do better myself, and I wouldn't go back.

• Visited January 2013
Denver, CO
“Fancier breakfast than we needed”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We ordered eggs on toast and pancakes. The pancakes were incredibly fancy, and far more elaborate than we expected. While we were impressed with how beautiful the plates were, it was a bit more than we needed (and quite pricey for breakfast.) If you're looking for upscale brunch this is a good place, but not recommended for a quick eggs on toast.

Visited December 2012
New Zealand
“Great cabinet food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lago has been a consistently good coffee stop for several years. It also has one of the best selections of cabinet food in Wanaka. The salads are especially tasty.

• Visited October 2012