“Fantastic Indian cuisine”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great place for Indian cuisine in the middle of Wanaka. Fantastic Naan bread and a delicious selection of Indian dishes that can be ordered in four different "hotness" levels. Service was quick, diligent and very friendly - we had no problem getting a table on a Tuesday night. Definitely would come back when I am in town!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Having left restaurant choice a little late on a saturday night in Queenstown we were delighted to enter the Bombay Palace. Apologetically we were offered a table upstairs. we were the first up there. Within 10 minutes it was full and buzzing. Food was very good accompanied by good service. perhaps slightly slow but it was packed. Great chicken dishes and very tasty nan. A thoroughly enjoyable meal.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food was good. The people were kind. The service was slow. Overall, a good place to have dinner.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ate here my 2nd night in Wanaka and was so thrilled with the food that I've returned twice in the week. Tried something different each time, with wild success--dhal makhani, mater paneer, beef sagwhalla, chicken tikka, and beef jhalfreze. Hard to pick a favorite because each of these was finger-licking delicious. The chefs, from Nepal and India, really know how to cook, and in my extensive travels around Asia-Pacific, AU, NZ, the US, and continental Europe, I have ever had such creamy, mild yet perfectly spiced, Indian food. And I am a fan of Indian cuisine and seek it out wherever I travel. Never, never expected to find the best just here in little Wanaka!!! Goes down especially well after a day of hard tramping or skiing, and the portions are generous. I can't say enough--from hospitality to variety to reasonable pricing, it's the best food I've had on this, my 9th trip To NZ, surpassing numerous of the winery restaurants in Marlborough and Queenstown.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a great surprise.... had a fantastic chicken tikka and the naan bread were scrumptious. Really pleasant staff who were really helpful about telling us about their dishes. Did not expect to have such a great indian meal in such a little town.