Lowest prices for your stay
$130
No prepayment needed
$130
No prepayment needed
Priceline
All reviews camping chairs great location separate bedroom studio room beautiful lake drying room pip mountains accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2019

This little motel has a prime location right across from the park and five minutes from town. The views, particularly from our front room were spectacular. There was parking for four cars and if neccessary for more just across the road. The owner was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms were a good size and the chalets are very well equiped. The is an oven, hob and microwave for cooking along with kettle, toaster and fridge. We were sad we only had two nights here. We were able to walk to the Iron Track easily and would have walked to Puzzling World if we knew it wasn't much further.
They provide chairs if you wich to go across and sit under a tree in the park. Toiletries are also provided. Only two TV channels but with Internet speed being reasonable we were able to use our Fire Stick . A very nice stay, thankyou.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Thank you, I hope you can come back for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 3 nights at the WVM. We had #4 and I would encourage getting one of the two front units since the entire front wall is glass and windows to a fantastic view. The down side is you’re on display if you don’t close the curtains. Plenty of windows to get a breeze and a fan is provided so we never had a problem with the daytime heat. Nights were cool so we actually closed the windows at night, except the 1st night so we put the heater on for an hour in the morning to take the chill out.

The kitchenette was complete with stove and an oven (which is unusual). The only thing I could have asked for was a teflon pan since frying eggs in stainless pans is impossible.

The bed was comfortable, but it was hard to get in on one side with the door open. This would be my only complaint, but I got used to it. At least there was a closet I could put my clothes in. It seems most motels (that I stayed in) in NZ provide no place to put or hang clothes.

The location is across across the street from a large park and the beach and lake. Beautiful unobstructed views. It was about a 3 minute walk to “downtown“.

The checkin window is a small. Smallest I’ve ever seen but we arrived late and there was a note for us with key, so that really wasn’t an issue at all.

The TV has chromecast so we were able to watch Netflix which I liked over crummy tv channels. I guess there are only two channels so chromecast is the only option.

There are free bikes available from the motel and a nice bike path around the lake. We didn’t try them so I don’t know how good they are but bike rentals in town are $30 for a half day so good savings there.

The owner was very friendly. I needed a print out of an invoice and she was happy to print it for me. She lives on property.

There’s a free washer for guests and $4 for dryer. 4 different garbage cans for different kinds of trash/recyclables.

If you get unit 4 you may be short a spoon. We accidentally left one in our coffee bag. Sorry.

All in all good value for $.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Thank you for the review, It is good you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for pointing out the frypan issue, I will provide non stick frypans in the future!

Reviewed February 1, 2019

Outstanding views of the lake with only a five minute walk into town from this Kiwi treasure. The owner and staff were so friendly, sincere and helpful. Very clean, comfortable rooms and relaxed, stress-free setting. I loved the ambience and feel of this place. Definitely my favourite place to come back and stay in Wanaka. My family and friends have no hesitation in staying here after my positive feedback. I'm securing my next stay now to avoid missing out.
Thank you Wanaka View Motel - you made our holiday!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank FunTravels5557
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2019

Thank you for your lovely review, we look forward to hosting you again soon at Wanaka View Motel!

Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the “studio” aka converted garage. Very claustrophobic with low ceiling (215cm) and chest high windows opening onto ground level outside, meaning the room was partially underground and therefore very dark. No screens on the windows and no other means of ventilation (no fans, no air conditioning) so the room was full of bugs, mosquitoes and flying insects.
The overloaded power points with double adapters and 4 bay point in the kitchen area are a concern. The only unused powerpoint was chest high by the bathroom door, useless for a traveller’s needs eg charging phone.
There are only 5 parking bays for 6 units, so if you are unlucky enough to arrive last, you miss out on the advertised “off street parking “ that you paid for. Or if you park in the driveway you get rudely awakened by hammering on the door at 9:15pm by the manager, demanding that you move your car onto the road.
The room also appears to be below a living area, as walking around, windows/doors opening/shutting were a constant distraction from above.
The only two available tv channels were also puzzling as Sky is advertised on the website .

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hmmmmmmmmmm
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

I am a little disappointed at your review in view of the fact that I allowed you to check in at 10am and took your bags and stored your food in the fridge for you.
This is a purpose built motel and has never had garaging.
Thank you for pointing out the need for air-conditioning, this issue has not been raised before.
For safety reasons guests cannot park in such a way as to impede access to the chalets.
There is unlimited and free parking within 5 meters of the chalets.
The SMART TVs are internet capable.

Reviewed January 28, 2019

4 adults in chalet 3 two too many tiny is the word,at the price barely enough milk for four cups of tea on arrival,coffee and tea not replaced over 4days,had to request fresh towels on our second day,no basics in the bathroom and the temp was 42 degrees on our last afternoon and the air con didn’t work.Owner had the affrontary to ask if we had air con at home,next morning she was changing batteries in the remote with no results,this business has changed hands in the last three months,it shows,no numbered parking and we had to park on the street.

Room tip: Not chalet 3
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Alfred H

When we check people in ( and on our welcome note ) we invite guests to request anything to make their stay more comfortable.
I am sorry that there was not enough milk for your needs and I wish you had asked for more.
I apologise that it was very hot and that the air conditioning was not working. The technician found no fault in the unit but he reset the control.
I did provide you with a fan at 10pm, when you contacted me.
We have never had numbered parking but it is something to be considered.