“Warm Chalet”
Review of Peak Sport Chalet

Peak Sport Chalet
Ranked #8 of 53 Wanaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful place and good host! A warm chalet with nice garden make you feel like at home! I had never been staying in such a excellent motel before. When I arrived, Alex gave me a warm welcome with nice chocolate cookies and detail introduction of all the equipment. Love the fire box very much!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Spcious room with beautiful garden view. Very clean and comfortable bed. Even a little kitchen provided.Easy access by driving and near the lake. A little expensive but Wanaka is that be. What a surprise that there is an apple on the tree!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The place is located only 5 mins drive from town center. The owner, Alex, gave us a warm welcome. We stayed in the chalet which is very nice, clean and well equipped (including the kitchen). Wonderful stay! Tip: Good spot for wifi signal is in the single-bed bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is definitely the best stay in my New Zealand trip, seriously!

This B&B located at residential area and a distance to town but so what as you're definitely gonna drive in New Zealand right? We had a warm welcome by lovely host, Christine. They originally from Germany & moved to NZ about 13 years. She is very friendly and helpful. She even prepared some pieces of lovely chocolate cookies for us. Spacious studio room, cosy, homely, very clean & full kitchen facilities. We enjoyed our drink session while seeing the blinking stars at the sky at night at backyard. Seriously I never ever see so many stars in the sky at night time. I even could see a meteor in the sky. What a cool thing!

I had chance to meet up with Alex while I was returning to B&B on the check out day. He is very friendly and a professional masseur. The reason of returning drive to B&B after check out because I left my pizza & chocolate bar in the room. They are so sincere & kept it first while waiting us back to collect for it. Thank you Christine & alex. A great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very well kept studio accommodation with comfortable bed, and good shower and cooking facilities at a very fair price. We stayed 3 nights and hosts Alex and Christine were friendly and helpful. Wanaka has lots to offer. We enjoyed walks to Beacon Point and along the Outlet Track. Great views from top of Mount Iron. Would highly recommend this self catering option.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Lovely hosts who go that 'extra mile' to make you feel welcome.
Very comfortable studio unit. Not on the main road, so nice and peaceful and good for walks.
Pleasant deck area with garden surrounding gets good afternoon sun. Nice place to sit out with a wine.
We are keen to return there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Alex and Christine are two of the best people you could ever hope to meet! I've slept in the isolated deserts of AZ and the remote forests of Washington State, and neither were as quite as this place. I had one of the best sleeps of my life.

I booked this B&B because of their reviews, and my experience follows suit! I wish I could give them more than 5 stars. The room was perfect, and the location and grounds were more than perfect. It was great to talk to Alex, Christine and their kids. I would suggest that everyone in the world stay here. Their ratting is perfect because they care about people, and they care about their business. Thank you again Alex and Christine! You helped make my trip to New Zealand the best trip of my life. I can't wait to get back, and you can bet I'll be booking another room here as soon as possible!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family