“Nice warming chalet Nice and informative staff, Wondenful chalet, Not too far from the city”
Review of Peak Sport Chalet

Peak Sport Chalet
Ranked #7 of 53 Wanaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The place is located only 5 mins drive from town center. The owner, Alex, gave us a warm welcome. We stayed in the chalet which is very nice, clean and well equipped (including the kitchen). Wonderful stay! Tip: Good spot for wifi signal is in the single-bed bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is definitely the best stay in my New Zealand trip, seriously!

This B&B located at residential area and a distance to town but so what as you're definitely gonna drive in New Zealand right? We had a warm welcome by lovely host, Christine. They originally from Germany & moved to NZ about 13 years. She is very friendly and helpful. She even prepared some pieces of lovely chocolate cookies for us. Spacious studio room, cosy, homely, very clean & full kitchen facilities. We enjoyed our drink session while seeing the blinking stars at the sky at night at backyard. Seriously I never ever see so many stars in the sky at night time. I even could see a meteor in the sky. What a cool thing!

I had chance to meet up with Alex while I was returning to B&B on the check out day. He is very friendly and a professional masseur. The reason of returning drive to B&B after check out because I left my pizza & chocolate bar in the room. They are so sincere & kept it first while waiting us back to collect for it. Thank you Christine & alex. A great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very well kept studio accommodation with comfortable bed, and good shower and cooking facilities at a very fair price. We stayed 3 nights and hosts Alex and Christine were friendly and helpful. Wanaka has lots to offer. We enjoyed walks to Beacon Point and along the Outlet Track. Great views from top of Mount Iron. Would highly recommend this self catering option.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Lovely hosts who go that 'extra mile' to make you feel welcome.
Very comfortable studio unit. Not on the main road, so nice and peaceful and good for walks.
Pleasant deck area with garden surrounding gets good afternoon sun. Nice place to sit out with a wine.
We are keen to return there.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Alex and Christine are two of the best people you could ever hope to meet! I've slept in the isolated deserts of AZ and the remote forests of Washington State, and neither were as quite as this place. I had one of the best sleeps of my life.

I booked this B&B because of their reviews, and my experience follows suit! I wish I could give them more than 5 stars. The room was perfect, and the location and grounds were more than perfect. It was great to talk to Alex, Christine and their kids. I would suggest that everyone in the world stay here. Their ratting is perfect because they care about people, and they care about their business. Thank you again Alex and Christine! You helped make my trip to New Zealand the best trip of my life. I can't wait to get back, and you can bet I'll be booking another room here as soon as possible!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We spent one night at Peak Sport Chalet in our travels through New Zealand in early March. Alex greeted us warmly upon arrival and then provided us with a great little map to help acclimate us to the area. He gave us wonderful suggestions for hiking, dining and points of interest. It was great to have laundry facilities, a well equipped little kitchen, a cozy sitting area, a very comfortable bed and WIFI. Loved the heated floor in the bathroom on a chilly morning! You could not ask for more. Alex and Christine are gracious hosts who know the art of providing comfort for travelers. Thank you both for a delightful stay.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed in the studio, which is adjacent to the house and couldn't have been more comfortable! Alex and Christine were delightful hosts and very helpful. Even though the studio is right next to the main house, the landscaping gives you lots of privacy and each afternoon, we'd enjoy some wine and cheese on the deck. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a heated floor! The kitchenette is small, but for a short stay, more than adequate. Laundry facilities are available for a small fee. All in all, I thought the price was a great value.

The location is sunny and we enjoyed the kitties who would make an appearance now and then at our front door. We even saw a hedgehog.