“Heli-fishing Queenstown”

Add it.
Wilderness Fly Fishing Wanaka
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Wilderness Fly Fishing Wanaka
I searched the internet and found several guides who offered heli-fishing trips out of Queenstown. I emailed three, and chose Jamie Hanning from Wilderness Fly Fishing Wanaka - because he was the quickest to reply (less than 48 hours), he gave a good summary of what was available, and he also agreed to cater to my needs. He arrived promptly at the agreed time, took us to the Lochy river by helicopter (he had organised the charter) and we spent an enjoyable day fishing in that beautiful river. He coached my husband in the art of stalking trout and also helped him improve his fly fishing technique. When we returned to Queenstown he made sure i wasn't overcharged by the helicopter company, as he had made 2 plans, which were weather dependent, and we ended up taking the shorter route.

I would recommend him as a guide in the Queenstown / Wanaka region of New Zealand.

1  Thank VFlaming