“OMG!”

Luggate Hotel
Ranked #52 of 85 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Central Otago's best kept secret. Lunch and Dinner served daily from 12 noon till late Reserve grade Beef,Seafood,Venison, Relax in our dinning room in front of raring fires or in summer in our beautiful garden bar. We cater for dietary needs and have been serving the locals since 1867
Wellington, New Zealand
“OMG!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Having visited this lovely pub in 2006 and regularly ever since, I have found the service to be improved slowly by degrees until I feel this establishment has one of the greatest environments for a visitor in Central Otago for an evening out. Excellent service, quality food, superb entertainment....good stuff. My recent visit in September 2012 surpassed all previous visits.
Go Luggate Pub!

• Visited September 2012

Beijing, China
“Best food around Wanaka”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were driving to Queenstown and noticed this place. I had venison and my firend had fish- all very good! Try to stop here for dinner

• Visited October 2012
Sydney
“Sitting in history having a great lunch”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Drove past this place on the way to Wanaka. Then read about it in the tourist guides. Great value at 20 dollars for a burger or fish and chips. Service was excellent. Atmosphere was typical pub feeling with trout trophies around the main drinking area.

• Visited October 2012
New Zealand
“Great Pub Meal”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Holidaying in Wanaka for a week and thought we'd check out the historic Luggate Hotel for an evening meal. So on a cold spring night we burst through the doors into a buzzing atmosphere, blazing fires, leather couches and great pub food. I had steak cooked to perfection with crunchy fries and my husband hoovered up his lamb shanks with enjoyment. We shared a steamed pudding which was absolutely delicious. While we waited for our meals my husband took the opportunity to check out the dining room photos of NZ airmen in World War Two while I sat on the couch and sipped my wine in front of the fire. Great evening!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank NewZealandMidwife
Australia
“Good pub food”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stopped here for lunch, the hotel is located just outside Wanaka. The menu is only small but there are also daily specials. We had blue cod fries and salad and a steak sandwich. Portions were generous and all ingredients were fresh and well prepared. This is an old hotel and popular. There is a dining room for dinner. Local NZ wines are available.

Visited August 2012