“Best adventure in New Zealand”
Review of Deep Canyon

Deep Canyon
Ranked #14 of 78 things to do in Wanaka
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Did Big Nige, worth the extra $60 compared to niger stream, and don't worry about fitness, if you can walk up the hill you can abseil your way back down it...

2  Thank IainTipping

Reviewed April 1, 2014

After a 45 minute trek from wanaka and a half an hour walk up a fairly steep mountain we reached the beginning of the canyoning not even half as excited as we should have been! The views amazing, I felt very safe and the guide was a really good guy! Would recommend to anyone!

2  Thank Callyyys
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I did Niger Stream in February and had a blast! Our guides were incredible and I felt very safe the entire time, even while sliding down waterfalls and jumping into pools! So much fun and very beautiful - highly recommended.

1  Thank MKR7784
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I took my father on the Big Nige in March 2014. Anna and Millie were our guides and they were brilliant, fun to be around and safety conscious. You get given all your gear and then hike up a very steep hill to get into the canyon - this is the toughest part of the day. The hike is pretty tiring, especially when in the sun and carrying all your gear. After this it is all fun! You put on all the gear and have a lesson in abseiling before being taken into the canyon. The trip involves numerous abseils (many in waterfalls), jumps, slides and ziplining - I have never seen my dad smile for so many photos before!

There is a brief break in the middle for a hot drink and biscuits and then lunch is provided at the end - bread and fillings and you can have as many as you like - great after using all that energy in the canyon.

One of the other things I was delighted about with this company is the quality of equipment. The wetsuits fitted well and had a little wear but not excessive so heat was retained. They also provided gloves which was brilliant as friends going with other companies commented how their hands went numb in the cold water.

My only criticism is that there were another couple booked on our trip who were not ready when the guides went to collect them - they waited almost 40 minutes for them to get ready during which we were just hanging around at the office. As we were given a clear start time, they should have continued without them. The delay meant we finished slightly later than we otherwise would have and had to cancel our evening plans. In their defence, they did give us a gesture of goodwill for waiting but I hope that next time they will continue the trip without latecomers.

Overall a fantastic day with a brilliant company. Highly recommended

2  Thank innocent26
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Leaping Burn is awesome!!!
It was worth to come to "the end of the world" just because of that.
I Will definitelly do it again.

3  Thank Uroš P