“Nice place, located one street back from the lakefront”
Review of Bella Vista Wanaka

Bella Vista Wanaka
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wanaka
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Decent sized room with fridge, wardrobe and TV. The fridge was actually ridiculously noisy so I had to turn it off every night to get to sleep.
Located within walking distance of anywhere in the town you would want to go.
Bathrooms were in very good condition and were kept very clean and we found the man who runs the place extremely helpful when advising us on the best way to get around, what places to see etc.
My only problem with it was that (like most of NZ) there was no air con. There did seem to be some kind of air con gadget on the wall that didnt do anything though, so maybe it was just me couldn't figure it out.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cudman

Reviewed February 14, 2011

A friend and i came and stayed at bella vista and had a fantastic time it was my friends birthday and paul and denise were so helpful they pointed us in the right direction for food and where to go for a drink afterwards they also arranged for us to have a late checkout thanks again we had the best time:-)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank annenz123
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We were in Wanaka for just1 night. I had previously read good reviews on TA so we tried the Bella Vista 1st and were pleased that they had vacancies. A very friendly, helpful receptionist showed us a room, which we were happy to take, I think it was a large studio. It had a kitchen area, dining table & chairs, sofa & TV and a large bed. The bathroom was also good.

There was also a table & chairs outside.

We were close to the town centre and the lake.

There was some noise during the night. I think our room possibly backed on to the police station and I think they may have had some trouble as I heard quite a lot of shouting.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisF
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Stayed with two young children at Family suite which was very clean. Its seperate bedroom has two single beds, tv mounted on the wall, a window, a lamp with bed side stand. Main living room area has a table with chairs, a large bed (queen or king - I do not remember), kitchen, closet. a flat screen TV, lamps, phone. Bathroom was very clean also. Towel warmer/drier was handy. Excellent service and great location. Free milk for your coffee or breakfast cerial. Large supermarket is just a block away, and restaurants, shops, lake, i-STE, park, play ground are close and walking distance away. We enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank kickboxmama
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the bella vista we were made more than welcome by
Paul and his wife the rooms were really clean and well serviced. Paul was very helpful
he advised us to take a flight to Millford sound which was the best ever we totally enjoyed
it thank you

Graham & Sue Forster

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank graham1949
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I just found this place online a couple of weeks before I headed to NZ from Australia, was stoked to find somewhere so close to the Wanaka CBD. It is really close to the main snow shops, and close to where the shuttles drop you off and collect you from. I was able to carry a heavy bag and snowboard bag plus heavy backpack from the lake drop off point to Bella Vista by myself (I am a small female!). My room was comfortable, bathroom was nice, clean, and modern. Denise and Paul are great hosts, extremely happy to help me out. I'll be back again next winter.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Leanne H
Reviewed August 24, 2010

The whole experience with Bella Vista was great from the original Reservation to the changes we made including one at the last minute to the friendly personal service we received when we arrived. The room was fantastic with a great bathroom, well appointed kitchenette, comfortable bed and space to spread out. Best of all was the location. park the car after a day of skiing and all of Wanaka is within a few minutes walk. Ski hire, supermarkets, restaurants all at your doorstep.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple