Bella Vista Wanaka
Lakeside Apartments(Wanaka)
Excellent 5/5
The Moorings(Wanaka)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsgreat locationcentral locationmiddle of townlarge supermarketfamily roomclose to shopslocal attractionswalking distancenew zealandcafes and restaurantsstayed one nightoff street parkingcomfortable bedspa bathshort staysmall kitchenettefree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed here for 5 nights over a 3 week period while climbing the mountains around Mount Cook. The place is central to everything! I didn't need a car at all. Paul at the front counter is friendly and always offers a warm welcome, his local knowledge of the shops and attractions are certainly very helpful. The room is modern and comfortable (and i even had great views of the snow capped mountains!!). I will be back to Wanaka in the future and I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Grant M
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We only stayed one night and we were upgraded without asking, which was nice. This Bella Vista is in the town, easy walking to cafes along the lake. Our room did not have any lake views but that was not what we were looking for. The customer service was pleasant, helpful and professional; and the room was outstanding, quiet and comfortable. A good value and well-managed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TracyL A
Reviewed November 28, 2012

we stayed at the bella vista in wanaka for 2 nights and really liked it. the motel is just one block away from the main street in wanaka, yet was very quiet. needless to say, it was very convenient to walk to the various restaurants, shops, grocery store, and amazing movie theater (cinema paradiso -- highly recommended!!!).

the room was a good size with a queen sized bed, tv, small kitchenette (refrigerator and hot water kettle only, would have been nice to have a electric burner to cook with), and a really big bathroom with shower. laundry can be done for an extra fee ($6 per load). wifi was not complimentary but was quite fast.

one warning about the dryer -- the medium heat setting is rather hot and shrunk my clothes. i suppose we could have used their clotheslines if we had had the foresight.

overall, a nice place. would stay again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lisach
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here one night, the room was small but very clean the staff was very helpful with dining information, they advised us to eat at Capriccio restaurant, a short walk from the Motel, and it was delicious (see review) best lamb shoulder ever. :) I would stay here again and again. :) Happy Travels

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Stephdb
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed in unit 5, the room was very clean and tidy and had a great sleep. Paul and Denise were the best hosts and were very helpful with where to have dinner on their recommendation I had the most tasty lamb shoulder ever, thank you to Dick and Deb from the Capricio Restaurant and Bar. When I return to Wanaka I will stay at Bella Vista Wanaka and also have Dinner at the Capricio Resturant. The only one regreat is that I did not have my family with me to enjoy the hospitality.

Room Tip: Bella Vista Motels are good value for your dollar
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business