“Wanaka Helicopters came to our rescue!”
Review of Wanaka Helicopters

Wanaka Helicopters
Ranked #5 of 60 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Wanaka Helicopters has operated since the mid 1990s in the Southern Lakes region and into the World Heritage Mount Aspiring and Fiordland National Parks. Experience stunning scenery with our flights including Wanaka, Mount Aspiring, Glaciers, and Milford Sound. Trips range from 25 minutes - to all-day adventures that encompass more dramatic land, sea and alpine vistas than anywhere else in New Zealand. Wanaka Helicopters is a Safety Award Winning company. Our pilots are highly experienced scenic pilots and helicopter flight instructors. We fly 7 days a week (weather permitting) from Wanaka Airport. We are genuinely passionate about what we do and love to share our special part of the world with those who fly with us. On every flight you can expect a safe, highly professional and reliable service that will be memorable, educational and totally personal.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The heavens opened up the morning of our wedding and it was touch and go whether the ceremony could take place on Coromandel Peak overlooking beautiful lake Wanaka. The original helicopter company booked to fly us up cancelled on us last minute however with the help of our wonderful wedding planner, Wanaka Helicopters literally flew to our rescue... As it happened the skies cleared, the sun shone and the rain disappeared (typical New Zealand!) and our pilot Chris flew us to our wedding ceremony destination without a single hitch! Thank you Wanaka Helicopters!

2  Thank Ide G
"fantastic flight"
in 8 reviews
"new zealand"
in 22 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 4 reviews
"mountain top"
in 5 reviews
"alpine lake"
"milford sound"
in 15 reviews
"best experiences of my life"

Reviewed August 7, 2014

If you are looking for the ultimate experiences: This trip was seriously one of the best experiences of my life! Together with my friend I flew to Milford Sound with Wanaka Helicopters. I have driven to Milford in the past, but flying over Aspiring National park and Fjordland is just in one word incredible. I just can't explain it, you have to see it! The views were mind blowing, the service was great and our pilot did an excellent job! Thank you for this amazing day!

1  Thank JaimyD2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We got married on Coromandal Peak overlooking Lake Wanaka and were flown in by pilot Chris who is now our Best Man! Nicky in the office, was helpful, friendly and very easy to deal with in regard to booking and planning. On the "Big Day" Chris used his vast experience in guiding the photographer to the best views for our photos. Great service, great staff.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Simon is an excellent pilot, and he showed us the best scenery we saw in New Zealand, maybe the world. The Mount Aspiring tour with a snow landing could not have been better. Definitely worth it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My lovely girlfriend bought me a "Mission possible" gift voucher for my birthday, which I have been excited to use for some time now. Thursday the 17th of July, we both went to Wanaka to for a relaxed day and for me to do my helicopter flight.

Checked in at Wanaka Helicopters at the airport and after a briefing with my pilot Dean Williamson we jumped into the R22 (The helicopter) to get ready.
Went for a 30min flight around the Wanaka area, and gotta say the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The whole flight experience is amazing, got to take full control of the R22, practicing hovering and loads more.

If you're looking for a truly EPIC experience I can highly recommend "Mission Possible" or any other flight with Wanaka Helicopters. It will blow your mind.

Special thanks to Dean Williamson for making my flight legendary, unforgettable and for realizing a life long dream.

3  Thank TomBro1984