“Mission Possible -- trial flight”
Review of Wanaka Helicopters

Wanaka Helicopters
Ranked #8 of 59 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Wanaka Helicopters offers a variety of high standard flights around Lake Wanaka, into the National Parks and surrounding areas such as Mount Aspiring, and to spectacular Milford Sound. All scenic flights include remote alpine landings and walk arounds. We operate a variety of different sized helicopters, which means that no minimum passenger numbers apply to our flights. We can cater for all number combinations. Wanaka Helicopters also offers a product called Heli-Adventures, which includes soft adventure type activities for the more adventurous, such as mountain biking, fishing, hiking and jet boating. We also offer to opportunity to fly yourself in a one off training flight called our 'Mission Possible'. Not only are we a scenic flight operator, we are a training school, training pilots to gain their private helicopter license, as well as their commercial helicopter license. All our instructors are highly professional and safe pilots and flight instructors.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

One word! Awesome!! Expert instruction and Supervision. Amazing experience where you really do to get your hands on the controls and fly an R22. From hovering on the runway, up to 5000ft then to low flying along the Clutha River, I couldn't recommend this more!!!!! An inspiring outing and very worth while if you are considering getting your licence, or even if you simply want to be able to say "yeah, I flew a chopper today"

Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was one of my best experience so far!! I could flight self an helicopter, best feeling ever.
Thanks Wanaka Helicopters for a great day! Sweet as, carlo

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The 30min scenic flight and landing on Roys Peak was unreal! My first ever chopper ride, and it was one I will never forget... The pilot was knowledgeable of the area and took the time when we landed to take some photos for us... The take off from the landing was pretty exciting. This is a must do when your in Wanaka

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently visited Wanaka Helicopters to take my first step in becoming a Helicopter Pilot. I was warmly received by the crew there and spent an exhilarating 45mins with the owner, Simon, flying one of the R22s they have for Students. My attempts at hovering were a little shaky to say the least, but Simons calm instruction and wealth of experience gave me the confidence and nerve to literally take the controls and fly the machine within the first half hour. Low flying along the Clutha River was something previoulsy confined to my dreams and that alone has inspired me to persue what I hope will be an amazing career in Aviation.
The entire Staff are very friendly and more than happy to answer (in my case many) any questions you may have. At only $375 this is an absolute bargain also, and already counts towards the many hours required to attain a licence. I couldn't recommend it enough!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Go check these guys out. this was one of the only parts of the trip that went smooth. Pete our pilot got us up and back safely from the breath taking views that is well worth it.

If you can, pick a clear day so you can see the snow capped mountains over the horizon. if not, you will still love it.
it will be on my 'to do' list every time i visit. the glacier trip will be next. (awesome!)

thanks all.