Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Skydive Wanaka tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Skydive Wanaka
from $302.90
from $201.70
from $235.40
More Info
All reviews beautiful stranger free fall tandem master amazing experience safety video tandem partner ft jump new zealand ground staff sky diving mt cook safe hands bucket list once in a lifetime bad weather thank you so much amazing views
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I was skydiving on October, 17th at 9 am and it was really great!
After my first (not so great) experiences with skydiving back home in Austria I was reaaally happy trying it again with the skydiving team in Wanaka, since I felt very safe and in the best hands all the time!
I also want to mention the lady on the phone when I booked the evening before (unfortunately I forgot her name), she was really the friendliest person I ever talked on the phone!
I had the pleasure to jump with Barni, and I enjoyed the jump and the time with him very much, especially he made me feel very comfortable. I told him about my last jump, where I struggled with breathing, so he gave me some helpful advice. He also showed me all the beautiful mountains during the flight, which helped a little bit, to distract me from my nervousness ;-)
Thanks Barni and the Team from Skydiving Lake Wanaka for a great skydiving experience!!

So I would definitely do it again, especially with the super professional team in Wanaka!

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

It wasn’t easy for us to make the trip as it has been cancelled two times before the actual dive due to cloud/rain.

The team at Skydive Wanaka was very professional making all arrangements from the drive to the airport ( from Queenstown central), weather check, security briefing and other operations.

Will drove us to the place and he helped to check with his team at the airport on weather condition on and off during the 1 hour (approx.) drive. My instructor Chris was very reliable. It was my first dive and very nervous, he tried hard to calm me down and helped remind me to enjoy this amazing experience! Thank you and I will surely recommend anyone who wanna try skydive to consider Skydive wanaka!

Reviewed June 11, 2018

My partner and I did the 12,000ft jump for our very first skydive experience - it was the best thing we've ever done!!! Great experience from start to finish. The staff were wonderful & professional. Thanks guys!

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Once in a life time experience! This is my very first ever skydive of 15,000ft jump and I really enjoyed this dive trip where you get to see both Lake Hawea and Lake Wanaka, Southern alps range and alot of beautiful lush green sceneries. Safety briefing and checking is done well to ensure we are all safe before we board on the plane. The photo and video taken by the photographer are awesome too. We got the usb within 30minutes with edited video and photographs, subject to the packgae that purchased. My bf had the proposal arrangement once I was landed, thanks for the friendly and helpful staff for making this as the lifetime memorable moment for both of us.

It may get fully booked depends on weather so be sure you have a booking earlier.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

This was my first skydive and I was safe to say, a little nervous. Skydive Wanaka were an amazing company for my first dive. Super professional, all the best kit, friendly, welcoming, trying to put you at ease. I went from 15000 with another diver to film also. Cannot recommend enough seriously, this experience sparked an expensive but amazing hobby.

Kirsty B, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Hey Becki C!

Thanks so much for your review - we're really glad to hear our team here put you at ease, and that you loved your skydive with us!

Skydiving certainly is addictive - we've had ground staff members love their first tandem so much, they went to the skydiving school in Auckland to learn to jump solo, so you certainly can do the same!!!

15,000ft is the way to go, so well done on facing your fears and braving it to go to the top!

Thanks again for your review.

Kind regards,
The Skydive Wanaka team

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Not that clear information-wise regarding the check in, so we missed the video introduction. Since I’ve dived before I didn’t feel like I missed anything though. The rest went really smooth and we all got down safely and had a great time! Personally I felt safe with the tandem masters, they absolutely know what they’re doing(they probably wouldn’t be working there otherwise). Great day for a dive as well, we even got to see Mt Cook from 12,000ft!

Kirsty B, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Hi SnarkGuppy

Thanks for your review!

We are glad to hear you felt safe with your instructor, and that you chose a beautiful, clear day to skydive with us here in Wanaka. Getting a glimpse of Mt Cook in the distance doesn't happen everyday here, so you're lucky you got to see it!

We are sorry to hear you missed our introduction video and that the check in wasn't very clear. Our instructors go through everything with their passengers again in the departure area, so rest assured you didn't miss out on anything completely vital by missing that part.

We do appreciate your feedback on this, and will take it on board. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our frontline area and check in processes. As the front office is where all check ins, flight planning and briefings happen, it can be a bit chaotic at times, with lots of people around and lots going on!

Thanks again for the review - we hope to see you again for another jump some day.

Kind regards,