Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Skydive Wanaka tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Skydive Wanaka
from $302.10
from $201.20
from $234.80
More Info
All reviews beautiful stranger free fall tandem master amazing experience safety video tandem partner ft jump new zealand ground staff sky diving mt cook safe hands bucket list once in a lifetime bad weather thank you so much amazing views
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Did my first ever skydive from 12000ft today with Skydive Wanaka. Our initial booking with NZONE last week was cancelled due to bad weather and I am glad we managed to do it here today with perfect weather!

My instructor was Sambo who made the whole experience great for me! I was very nervous and kept asking about my very loose harness before boarding the plane (it's supposed to be loose, will be tightened later in the plane onto your instructor).. Sambo pretended to be not very sure about that loose harness in the typical NZ humour, but he made very sure to assure me later on the plane and kept checking on me. After being strapped to him, I immediately felt safe and then... Out the plane we go!

He took care to check on me during the freefall and pointed out to me certain lakes in the scenery. Overall, fantastic experience, I felt well taken care of!

Only 2 things to note: (1) you need to be patient because we waited 1.5h from our check in time before we could be strapped up, and (2) I think they should offer a discounted 2nd jump because I would have definitely done it! :D

Kirsty B, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Hi Jingru O

Thanks so much for taking the time to come on here and write us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear Sambo went above and beyond to make your skydive experience an enjoyable one.

We always recommend our customers allow 2-3 hours with us here at the dropzone to complete the skydive process. There is a lot of planning involved to get everyone up in the skies and jumping, so it can sometime take a while to get going.

Also, we DO offer discounted 2nd jumps! It is $50 discount off your second jump - you must book direct with our call centre to receive this discount, and this can be used at Skydive Wanaka, or our sister dropzones - Nzone Skydive in Queenstown, and Skydive Southern Alps in Glenorchy. This is valid for 1 week after your first jump, so get in there quick!!!

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

First place we seen when we entered Wanaka was the airport, skydive Wanaka! My 3 kids had the experience of a lifetime! All 3 instructors made this jump a thrill for them. Very knowledgeable! Safety was of course our first concern. Very reputable, experienced, clean, very well maintained business. We felt very at ease watching as they floated from 15 thousand feet! Wow! What a trip!

Kirsty B, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Hi Deeds41!

Thanks for your review! Wow, it sounds like you have three brave children, good on them to taking the plunge and jumping outta the sky over Wanaka with us. Did you not fancy joining them for their jump?!!

We're glad to hear they enjoyed their jump, and had fun with their instructors. And 15,000ft is definitely the way to go - the freefall is the best part, and a whole minute to relax and take it in is really necessary.

Thanks again for letting us know what a great experience they had.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 4, 2018

First time I am skydiving so the experience itself is surreal. You get to see beautiful Wanaka and the surroundings. Your tandem partner (referred to as beautiful stranger) is professional and go through all the safety precaution to make sure you're ready to go. The place is nice and spacious with plenty of space to calm the nerve lol.
I booked for camera package, the video was good quality and professionally done. It's a good memento to show off to people who doesn't believe you actually went skydiving.
Please note that it will take at least 3 hours to complete the experience, there is only 2 vending machines (1 that keeps the stuff I bought jammed and we literally had to shake the machine to get it) so if you come around lunchtime, bring snacks along. as much as possible try not to eat too much / at all before your jump because you might let them out after (maybe just me). There are spaces to lay around waiting if you're accompanying someone, make sure to bring something to do or watch because it was kind of boring waiting.

Kirsty B, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Hey nlink90!

Thanks for your review - skydiving certainly is a surreal experience, especially that amazing moment when you jump out of the plane for the first time - craziness!!

We're glad to hear your felt fully briefed by your instructor, and that you were really happy with your video and photos - we always recommend to buy one of the media packages so you can show off your braveness to your friends & family, & prove you've done it!!

It does indeed take 2-3 hours to complete the whole process, which we tell everyone when they check in. To ensure the operation runs smoothly and the plane is not left waiting, we book a certain amount of people per hour and split them onto several loads, depending on the height and camera options chosen. If lots of people choose outside cameramen to film them, things can run a bit slower as we can then not fit as many customers in the plane. It's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle to be honest, but rest assured we try our best to fill the plane up every load and get people jumping as quickly as we can!

Our vending machine does sometimes get stuck, but we are always available to give it a strong shake, and can reimburse customers if the machine swallows their money. There is also a coffee shop a 2 minute walk which has snacks and cabinet food available, depending on the time of day!

Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate hearing people's views and thoughts on our service so we can make improvements and give our customers the best service we possibly can.

And thanks again for choosing to jump in Wanaka with us :-)

The Skydive Wanaka team.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

On our honeymoon, skydive Wanaka was the last adventure planned on our last day in Nz. As they say, keep the best for last, we did that too! Jack was my beautiful stranger whom I strapped onto and did the dive with. He’s really most amazing personality who will make your dive memorable. He gave me to ride the parachute for a few seconds too!! Skydive is must do for any age!

Hi Riddhi S!

Thanks for your review - we're super glad you enjoyed your skydive with us here in wonderful Wanaka and that our beautiful stranger Jack took good care of you!

It's quite cool having a go at steering the parachute - not everyone gets to do that, so he must have seen some skydiving potential in you to let you have a go! Well done!!

Congratulations again on taking the plunge and doing your first skydive, and thanks for choosing us :-)

The Skydive Wanaka crew

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

We had fantastic weather and a stunning view. Much better than I imagined. My instructor was awesome and even though I was nervous I felt safe at all times. The ground service was friendly but could cheer up a bit more even if it is early in the morning. But this didn't affect my experience with Wanaka skydive. Thank you guys.

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to write your review.

We are so glad you enjoyed your skydive with us and took in that spectacular view - it sure is beautiful up there hey?!

We're glad you felt safe at all times - we pride ourselves on our safety record.

We also pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, so I am sorry you did not feel our frontline staff were very cheerful on the day you came. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service here, so I will pass this onto our team and endeavour to improve upon this.

Thanks again for the review!