“Breathtaking experience”

and up
3-Hour Tour From Wanaka: Tandem Skydive From 12,000 Feet
Ranked #5 of 60 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was my first skydive and I cant wait to do it again. My guide was Pip and the camera flyer was Andy and they were both wonderful. I couldn't have got anyone better for my first jump. Thanks guys. The entire crew is quite nice, Hannah in the front and all the tandem masters and camera flyers.

You get a few options (we know of three) when you select to skydive in Queenstown. We chose this as this give you a view of the mountains, river and the land. It looks divine from up there.. I recommend this for everyone. Especially when you jump of that plane and dive down the feeling of freedom is exhilarating!

skydivewanaka, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Hi, I'll pass on your kind words to Pip Andy & Hannah. Thank you for choosing us & thanks heaps for the feedback.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The staff were really friendly, the instructors were great at calming my nerves as well. A great experience from the safety briefing through to landing firmly on the ground. If you're in the area you HAVE to do this

skydivewanaka, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2015

It sounds like your experience skydiving with us from start to finish was fantastic. Thank you so much for the review!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

- GO FOR IT!
- Pickup at I-site
- Good facilities
- Friendly staff but can do more personal, a bit in a hurry and fake
- Instructors are good and gave me trust
- Expensive but well worth it
- I will jump again with Skydive Wanaka!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great experience !
I guess your first skydive is always a great experience, but here are some of the highlights of skydive wanaka :
- Lake wanaka is amazingly beautiful, the landscape is perfect so when you fly before you jump and when you get down, you can enjoy an incredible view
- Staff is very nice and fun
- My buddy jumper (they call him your "the beautiful stranger you are strapped to") was very very very professional and it made me feel safe and relaxed
- Video service is very good, you get gopro video from your buddy jumper and a video from another jumper + pictures from both. All this on a USB stick just 20mn after you land, with your choice of music.
- the clothes they give you for the jump look great, it's all very very clean and perfect

Prices are in line with what other providers would ask for in the region, so not the major decision criteria.

I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

One of the best things I have ever done! My skydive instructor Barney, made me feel very safe the whole time and was very reassuring. The instructors distract the customers on the way up in the plane by pointing out the amazing scenery and also on the floating down part of the skydive, so you don't miss a thing. Very reassuring reception staff also when going through any potentials reasons for not being able to do a skydive.