“Just Amazing!!!!”

and up
9000ft Tandem Skydive in Wanaka
Ranked #5 of 60 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We thought our day was going to consist of a quiet walk around lake Wanaka, when it actually ended up with us jumping out of a plane seeing the lake at 15,000ft. The views and scenary were out of this world! and the free fall can only be described as awesome! One person said it felt like sticking your head out of the car window, which I totally agree with. The team were fantastic and made you feel calm and relaxed especially in the plane on the way up, when my nerves became more evident! We paid for the camera flyer option and was so worth it, to get it filmed and to be able to show our friends and family and prove that yes we did jump out of a plane!! We are also glad we went for the 15,000ft option as another couple jumped out at 12,000ft as we went up and I think you need the extra time in free fall to get your head around the fact that you are travelling at 200kph! We loved the little touches of being able to write messages on our hands and choosing backing music for our dvd.We would definately recommend doing a sky dive at Lake Wanaka and was the highlight of our trip to NZ!

skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

From a quiet walk to skydiving !! What a change in your day !! So pleased that you loved your skydive and that our crew took such great care of you. Enjoy reliving your experience and sharing it with your family and friends. Thanks for choosing to skydive with us here in Wanaka and for taking the time to write your lovely review.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Gave our first time skydiving to Skydive Wanaka and indeed the best decision made! A group of 4 friends, we waited for 3 days in Queenstown and each day were turned away due to bad weather, didn't give up on our excitement to take this leap of faith when we heard about Skydive Wanaka and decided to drive 3 hour out from Te Anau in pursuit of perfect weather.

Team was extremely friendly and professional, it took away every bit of our fear. We had lovely photos & videos to boot with the camera flyer option. Every step of the way up, my dive master shared points of interest, Lake Hawea, Mt Cook etc with me, and checked in that I was fine. Once the moment came, it was pure adrenalin to jump from 15,000 ft and 1 min free fall at 200kph. It was the best experience for all of us.

What impressed me even more was when I got back to Singapore, somehow, my video file came up corrupted, I contacted Andrea at Skydive Wanaka & was immediately offered to come back to get it sorted, no questions asked! Fortunately, my mate was still in Wanaka and made a detour back to the site & got the video back. Along the way, Andrea even checked in with me on my song choices so they could resave this for me, and to top that, even dropped me an email after my friend actually collected it to tell me its in safe hands. Im beyond impressed! Highly recommend everyone visiting NZ to skydive at SKYDIVE WANAKA!!

skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Wow - thank you so much for your lovely review !! Our staff do everything that they can to deliver the best customer service and skydive experience and it is so great to hear that you had an incredible time with us.

Thank you so much for not giving up on that excitement and for choosing to come to Wanaka and skydive with us !!! I'm so pleased to hear that Andrea was able to help you with your video and that you were beyond impressed with her and the rest of our lovely crew.

Thanks again for choosing us - we are so pleased that you and your friends had the best experience. And Thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and fellow travellers heading to NZ.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

On my last day in NZ, I had finally built up the courage to do a skydive. I first went to Queenstown where I made it to 15,000 feet (everyone else had jumped out at 12,000), only to come back down in the plane due to bad weather. They cancelled all jumps for the rest of the day, so I headed to Wanaka where the weather was better and jumps were going ahead. The staff were really nice and efficient and ensured that it was an experience of a lifetime. I chose the option of a camera-flyer, which was definitely worth it in my opinion. Got some great photos with the mountains and lake in the background.

So pleased to hear that we were able to get you our skydiving with us !! The weather plays a huge role in the safety of skydiving, and we are lucky in that we have had such amazing weather here in Wanaka. Great to hear that you enjoyed having a camera flyer jump with you and that you have some fabulous pictures of your experience with some incredible lake and mountain views.
Thank you for choosing to skydive with us here in Wanaka

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I couldnt believe that I did it ...In the starting I was very nervous , afraid to dive from 15000ft ...but then I thought the fear is just for a minute , one minute of free fall and then everything will be ok ..I was feeling lack of oxygen when I had jumped but after a minute , everything was fine ..it is a experience of lifetime and did it at wanaka on a beautiful sunny day ..its an awesome and memorable experience of lifetime and if you are in Nz, adventure capital then one must do it ..we had taken the total package for photos and videos ..and ultimate video and photos by photographer who has jumped along with us ...he has captured the memories for lifetime ...I recommend taking total package for photographs and videos as its a lifetime experience ..

Thank you so much for your Unbelieveable review !! So great to hear that you had the experience of a lifetime and that you love your video and photo package !! Thank you so much for choosing to do your NZ skydive with us here in Wanaka

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were *all* going to jump (inlcuding our two boys 9 and 12) but the wind was too high for the kids to go; staff were excellent, looked after the boys on the ground when we jumped and then the next day in calmer weather took the boys up to go while parents looked on.

Very safe and professional - really looked after us and the kids well, and explained at all time what was happening and why. if a nine-year-old can do it, so can you!

Photo package was well worth it - great work by the tandem jumper who captured a lot of shots on the way up, down and afterwards. Would repeat again, and go from 15,000' this time.

skydiva2009, frontline sales and marketing at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

Safety is always #1 for us, and we are so pleased that we were able to get your whole family skydiving. I am sure the boys will have lots of fun showing their friends their photos of their adventures from their Wanaka holiday !!

It was great to meet you all ! and thanks again for choosing to skydive with us here in Wanaka. See you next time - from 15,000ft !! :-)