“Always a pleasure and satisfying.”
Review of Shawty's Cafe

Shawty's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Twizel
Cuisines: Diner, Pizza, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since its beginnings in 2005, Shawtys has built up a strong reputation, synonymous for fine food and great espresso. A destination in the Mackenzie Country. Open 7 days from 8.30am till late over the summer months with reduced hours during the winter season. Shawtys has a full breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, and cabinet food available, and our chef's are committed to providing you with great qualiy food at an affordable price. With a comprehensive gourmet pizza menu and great range of gluten free and vegetarian options there is something to suit everyones taste.Step into warm surroundings and take in the "New York" inspired decor. Shawtys recently underwent an amazing facelift and would not be out of place in a bustling city scene. A new look has led to a renewed focus on excellent quality wines and an array of craft beers. Shawtys offers a dining experience of high standard in a relaxed setting, perfect for an intimate dinner with friends or larger gathering. We aim to leave a lasting impression on our customers with great service and we invite you to check us out.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great coffee, great food, great service, great location. Something that shouldn't be missed, everyone should visit Shawtys while in the beautiful MacKenzie area.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Wandered into Shawty's when driving through two zeal. Great breakfast including the music and service. Fresh salmon on eggs benedict...nice.

Travaller445, Owner at Shawty's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thanks for your review, and more importantly it's contact, we are always trying to improve our service and look to offer visitors an international feel. Hope that you enjoyed your travels in New Zealand.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

$5.50 for a flat white would be expensive in London, in Twizel it felt outrageous. I stopped off on my way from Tekapo to Mt Cook for breakfast and thought I'd try Shawty's as it looked the best option from outside for some decent coffee and eggs.

$16.50 for Shawty eggs and $5.50 for the coffee had my expectations sky high. There's no doubting the ambience, although the expansive service commented on from some of the reviews is obviously not on offer early in the morning. The coffee was fine, though not excellent, the Shawty eggs left me wanting more volume and / or quality to justify the price. It felt a bit nouveau, which wasn't what I was expecting as I prepared for a day tramping in Mt Cook.

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am sorry to hear that your experience wasn't what we would have hoped for. I hope that you enjoyed your walking in the beautiful Mount Cook region

Reviewed June 28, 2014

As a chef and a Coffee snob...yes its OK to be a snob...I love this local cafe...

I have been in the cafe industry for over 20 years and its a pleasure to be able to go to a cafe that allows me to enjoy gluten free food...great coffee...salmon pizza just the way I like it ..with a few extras..... where everybody knows your name...Cheers
You guys rock.....

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Shawtys restaurant would have to be the best restaurant to head to in the MacKenzie high country. From breakfast to the main course, they are all fantastic. The best place to sit outside in the summer sun, with a cold beer and either a plate of their famous breads or pizza. The coffee is great as well. Keep up the great work Troy and your team.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant