“My Hearts Desire....”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yaqeta Island
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“My Hearts Desire....”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Navutu Stars at the end of October, for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. I had spent many months researching many resorts in Fiji, and I truly believe, that I don't think we could have chosen a better resort to stay. The moment we arrived, I couldn't believe my eyes.... just how beautiful it was, simplicity mixed with elegance. The service you recieve is Amazing. The entire staff are amazing, I will never forget them. It is a very relaxed atmosphere, and you really do wind down. One oh the highlights for us, was the school visit. The other was sitting at the bar before dinner each night, enjoying Sunia's yummy cocktails and getting to know the other guests. The food is of a very high standard, we enjoyed each meal very much and the Lovo night is Amazing! We stayed in a Grand Bure, as this was a special occasion for us, but next time we would be happy to stay in a Garden Bure.
We are already planning our return trip to Navutu, I feel that once you have found something this good, why stay elsewhere?

1 Thank Rebecca G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

A very late review for a stay a long time ago - felt bad I haven't reviewed sooner. Absolutely great holiday - amazing location, amazing staff and amazing food. Can't recommend highly enough! Tips:

- Half-board gets you more than enough food (you won't want more than one course for lunch given the size of the dinners)
- Definitely defintiely take up the option for a private picnic at a deserted beach.. amazing experience.
- Go and visit the village!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy F
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went to Navutu Stars for our honeymoon and it was an amazing experience. The spa services were by far the best (Tarika is amazing and she also teaches Yoga at 7am every morning). We had a total of 3 services each in the 5 days we were there. I strongly recomend the coconut milk scrub. The cuisine was by far the best we had in Fiji. There was ample choices every day. We opted for the full board and in hindsight, it was way too much food and we should have chosen the half board. We also chose to have private dining one night with the sunset view and it was amazing. But remember to bring bug spray with you - those mosquitos will eat you alive!!
The rooms were kept very clean, however the toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc) were not good at all. They smelled disgusting; bring your own! There was no tea/coffee in the room but they did provide waters daily. There is also no safe in the room, which had us worried but it really is a safe place, so that fear soon subsided.
There are 1-2 activities per day, which last about an hour each, leaving the rest of the day with not much to do. I did wish there were more activities. There is free internet, however there is no wi-fi ; forcing you to sit in a room using their computer.
Everyone knows you by name and are always cheerful and seem happy to see you.
We strongly suggest you try the deep sea fishing trip - it's about $350 for 4 people and its well worth it! We caught Walu and brought it back to the resort, and the resort cooked it to our liking for lunch! It was amazing!!

1 Thank teamrojas
Auckland
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Having been to Fiji some 12 times we know they talk their resorts up. Navutu is not a 5 star resort in terms of facilities but the staff are 5 star. The accommodation is comfortable, bathrooms are average, no tea, coffee in rooms etc but Navutu is a very friendly and special place. The staff make you feel like you are their friends and part of their family. We had great fun and enjoyed our stay immensely. The new managers (2013) are awesome people and this resort will only get better with their influence.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brien C
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Navutu for 8 amazing days for our anniversary. From the moment we arrived on the island, greeted by smiles and a song, it was all that we could hope for and more. We stayed in garden bure 9 which gave us privacy while still being footsteps away from the beach. The room was very clean and comfortable. We walked into our bure which was filled with fresh flowers and a welcome note written in leaves. No AC but the fans are perfect for temperature control. They even provide an umbrella just in case of bad weather. The cleaning staff did an immaculate job thoughout our stay. The hammock outside our room was great for listening to the waves.It was really awesome to have the different activities available daily, many free of charge. We definitely recommend the limestone caves and pretty much any snorkeling trip as well as the trip to the village. We were lucky enough to get to watch a track and field competition in the village during our trip which was super cool. We would also recommend dinner on the sunrise deck and breakfast in bed at least once. As many other reviewers have said, the staff is really who make navutu the special place it is! They are all wonderful in so many ways! They made our trip very memorable :) Because of all this and so much more, we will definitely bear the 17 hour trip and greatly look forward to returning to Navutu! Thank you Navutu, from Jen and Dorian!

• Stayed September 2013
Nadi, Fiji
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Me and my partner stayed there for 3 days. I had the most amazing time in my life and not only because it was my birthday but the place is a real paradise. They have daily activities so you can either go to see a local village (free), go snorkeling (small charge as they take you out by boat to the best snorkeling spots) or do other things. There are yoga mornings that are free of charge. Bures are awesome and quite private. We stayed at Bure 1 that is very private and on top of the hill so you have a great sun rise and sun set views, ocean view and your own outside sofa :) Food is great there with a bit of a French and an Italian touch, very tasty! It couldn´t be better than this! I loved it! If you want to have a tranquil and like a paradise honeymoon or just a vacation for two, this is a place to go. Have never seen anything better than this and I have traveled a lot.
Good luck and enjoy!:)

Room Tip: Bure 1 for a very private stay on the top of the hill, beach bures if you want to be by the beach an...
1 Thank Wtrave
staffordshire
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

10 nights at navutu stars was too long as it meant that it was harder to leave!
We were welcomed with a song and a smile, eleven days of feeling special by everyone, the staff are truly exceptional. It would have been hard to leave this heaven on earth after a few days but after eleven I cried like a fifty year old baby.
I had dreamt of the South Pacific all my life and swore I would go on my fiftieth and it was truly amazing. A tear is coming now at the thought of this fantastic experience.
We were in bure one, with a balcony/ decking which was totally private and overlooking the sea, you walk down the sandy steps to your sun lounges and hammock but if you don't want to you can stay on the deck all day.
I'm sure some people thought me strange but I saved a little bacon and meat from dinner for the two friendly cats that adopted me, I hope they're ok and there's other strange folk out there doing the same!
There was no tv and it was great! The sound of the sea was all you needed. Cocktails were yummy, nibbles before dinner. The food was very good from the staff behind the scenes to the frontline, made this holiday unforgettable. If you want something just ask, I asked for tea and coffee facilities and every day, twice a day I was given a fresh thermos. I wanted a main for my starter, got it. These are just a few things.
We enjoyed swimming, snorkelling, walking, kayaking, visiting caves and markets, we had a private picnic where you are dropped off on a secluded beach for four hours, anything your heart desires the staff will endure to make it happen. HEAVEN. Love is sent to every one at Navutu, thank you.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Nanuya
Turtle Island Resort
Turtle Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Turtle Island

Been to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!