This was our 3rd trip to Fiji in as many years and our third stay at Shangri La's Fijian resort . My wife and I love it and it just seems to get better everytime we go back.We took a couple of friends with us this time and they were blown away and can't wait to go back(they're already making plans to return next year).The staff are amazing and so friendly from the cheerful Rachel (at the Takali Terrace restaurant) to the always friendly and smiling Api (the concierge) to the iconic and upbeat Mun, in fact if nothing else you should visit this resort just to meet Mun.He is what Fiji and Shangri La is all about.Mun is friendly, talkative,funny, extremely helpful and has a wealth of knowledge that few can replicate.
The restaurants provide some of the best meals I have ever tasted, in fact I have put on 3kgs this trip.
The beds are so comfortable that my wife wants one exactly the same at home.
The 3 swimming pools provide something for everyone from the infinity pool to the adults only (quiet) pool, and the snorkeling around Yanucca Island is amazing.
Shangri la is so popular that even the prime minister of Fiji Barney Marama (I hope I have spelt his name correctly) stayed there for the Fiji day celebrations and we actually had a chance to see him in person.His speech was truly entertaining and humurous and he was very approachable and charming.So you know for the Prime Minister of Fiji to stay at Shangri La it must be good.
The activites available through the resort are too numerous to mention, We did the Sigatoka jet boat cruise this time (I highly recommend it) and the Natadola Train trip.
But the highlight of our stay were the Bilibilli races on the Sigotoka River (for the Fiji day celebtrations), it was one of the best days of my life, to mingle with the Fijian people and see the pride and joy they have is enviable. Shangri La won the final Billibilli race and the overall event go Shangri la go.
Keep up the good work and we will definitely see you all again next year .
Look after yourself Mun don't change and good luck with the web site.
By the way there is a guy called Jim who is based at Shangri la and does the best paintings of the sunset and the resort (we have bought six paintings from him already) go see him when you get there ,you won't be disappointed.
Dean ,Carole ,Les and Marina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island