We stayed at the shangri la for 12 nights in an ocean premier room. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom had a seperate shower and bath. It was a ground floor room in the coral wing directly outside the infinity pool.
We ate in all the restaurants with our favourite being the Takali terrace. Delicious chinese style food, good service and reasonable prices. We ate breakfast at the Lagoon buffet most days. Omlettes to die for. Ate at the Golden Cowrie adults breakfast too. Not as much variety there but no kids. In saying that we were not bothered by kids in the buffet either.
Had a few games of golf. $43 fj for 9 holes including club hire. Great golf course with friendly caddies if you like. Parasailed for 10 mins for $79 fj. Great views of island. Swam in the pools. Quiter in the infinity pool or the adults pool at Takali Bar.
Snorkeled a few times directly out from our room. Seen many fish and moray eels etc. Take your own mask, flippers etc and a pair of reef shoes as the beach at that end of the resort has alot of coral and shells. The beach near the lagoon has better sanded area for swimming.
We were marrried in the seaside chapel at 3 p.m. The day was very well organised by Akinisi the wedding coordinator.The minister was a lovely man and the vows he had for us were beautiful. Not a dry eye in the chapel. Beautiful flowers were supplied and a cake. Fijian choir that sang in the chapel and a trio of seranaders played in the gardens while the photographer took photos. We were presented with an album of 72 photos which were just beautiful.Highly reccomend a wedding here. We had our wedding dinner in the Takali Terrace Restaurant. Beautiful food and wonderful service from the waiters even when we did get a bit too loud.They served our cake as dessert.
We had 8 guests at our wedding and they all stayed in the ocean view wings.All were very pleased with their rooms. All said very clean and serviced daily. Our room service lady "Kini" was lovely. Made our room up every day and each night bed turned down and flowers and shells arranged beautifully on the bed.
Had a great meal at Geckos restaurant across the road from the resort. Whole lobster $50 fj. Steak $30 fj. Friendly service and good food.
Our only complaint is the little resort grocery shop. The prices are ridiculous. $129 aus for a carton of corona beer. $9 au for block chocolate. The staff in the shop are also not very friendly.Best to take a $30 fj cab ride into town and buy everything in there. Cruisers 4 pk were $17 fj in town $40fj in resort shop.
We had stayed here in 2007 in an ocean view room for 10 nights and were very happy with everything back then. We liked being in the coral wing this time as it was alot quieter and its not as far to walk to everything as some people have said in previous reviews.
We really enjoyed our stay at the shangri la and hope to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island