my wife and I just returned from Shangri La. This resort is a haven for kids with none stop activities and fun. I chose the Shangri-La because I thought it was five star and provided windsurfing facilities. The day we arrived I went to the watersports centre to book the windsurfer, was advised that they were broken and the universal part would not be available until the end of the week. So when it finally was fixed for the 80's style windsurfer plank I had only two days to use it. They really need to update their equipment.
The staff were extremely warm and friendly, the breakfast in the adults only restaurant was fantastic. We had a dinner package but got sick of the same buffet every night but the dessert bar was excellent.
I must admit that we did feel trapped a little in the resort but finally hired a car and drove to Natadola.
Had a look at the Intercontinental Hotel, this is a five star resort but also somewhat isolated, unbeleivable Golf course.
Not enough activities for adults at the Shangri La. The so called disco was full of kids dancing on the dancefloor (as if they don't have enough activities.).
Resort shop was unbelievably expensive, $AUS96 for a case of Fijian Bitter and cheapest wine was $40AUS. So make sure you load up on duty free and buy some mixers for the spirits from the supermarket before you get to the resort (ask the driver to stop)
Highly recommend the Shangri-La for families with children up to 8 years old. Teenagers would be bored after a day.
We did enjoy our week at Shangri-La but wouldn't go back due to lack of nighlife/entetainement and opportunity to meet people.
a breakfast, dinner package but got sick of eating the same buffet every night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island