My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful holiday at the shangri-la Fijian. We had a lagoon view room which was very nice and closer to the beach . The ocean view rooms however were closer to the golf , tennis and infinity pool so they would have been nice either.
We found the staff very friendly and helpful and loved the money free policy ,it was very freeing just to charge everything back to the room.
The food on the whole was very good . We loved the lunch at the infinity pool particularly and dinner was good in each restaurant . Perhaps the most disappointing on food was the "Beachside bar and grill" , although the beachfront location is lovely.
We would strongly recommend the meal plan, you can still eat in any location,off any menu and if you go over the allowance you simply charge the difference back to your room - no hassle.
We played tennis and golf each day . We found the golf course very adequate , a slight annoyance was that when we asked NOT to have a caddy , he followed us anyway to find our balls and we felt a bit hassled - we really just wanted a quiet round on or own and didn't mind if we lost balls.
We saved on cost by taking half sets of golf clubs,tennis raquets and snorkel with us . The snorkel cost $18 to hire the mask and flippers were cheap , so we were glad that we did this.
The ambience around the resort is lovely . There are 3 fijian musicians that go around the various locations playing traditional songs which is nice and the whole place is immaculate . Workers are discreetly sweeping up leaves etc. several times a day.
We loved the Black Marlin bar at night - it was so nice to be able to have a dance and work off a few calories after dinner.
All in all a fantastic holiday and we would recommend this resort to couples , families or anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island