Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
$1,024
$800
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
$216
  • Beachfront
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
$703
$625
Priceline
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$186
$105
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
$175
$170
Travelocity
  • Pool
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$120
$80
  • Breakfast included
Wellesley Resort Fiji(Korolevu)(Great Value!)
$131
$105
  • Pool
Crusoe's Retreat(Coral Coast)(Great Value!)
$106
$80
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$50
$46
$366
$256
3,781 results
All reviewslagoon poolchi spabeach bar and grillkids clubocean wingfamily roomfiji timebeach massagefamily holidayvillage tourkids eat freegames roommain poolfijian resortground floorwater sportsbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2009

It was my first time to Fiji. I wanted to do snorkelling. Shangrila Fijian advertises a reef off the coast but it is mostly rock with poor hard coral growth. Underwater, there is mostly seaweeds near the beach. I joined tours to the Mamanucas islands but the transfers is about 1 hr each way. I should have stayed at Nadi or Denarau. Another negative point is that there are too many kids. The adults only pool is very small. Drinks are very expensive and so are diving and fishing trips. We could not afford the fishing trips and joined the kids when they go line fishing at the jetty.

The resort has a nice landscape and buffet dinner is very good.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I went over with my husband and 6 year old son for our friends wedding, and overall had a good time. My husband was involved in an incident at the nightclub, with local guests of the hotel (not the hotel owner's son). On having a meeting the next day with the manager at our request, we were surprised to find out that these local guests who caused so much trouble the night before were being welcomed back in a few days time for a golf tournament by the manager. The Manager was not very sympathetic of our situation, and was neither very apologetic. My question was where was security? You go to Fiji for a nice break and relaxing time spent with friends, not to feel intimdated and scared to wander around the resort in fear of running into these group of 'local guests'.

Moving on from that, the Fijian service was great, especially one room service attendant who befriended us, and even took us to his village to take part in a Kava ceremony.

The food was very average with a very expensive price tag. We opted to only eat one meal a day (besides buffest breakfast) as it was just too expensive for our liking. On average a Kids Meal was about $15, adults about $40. I don't mind paying that price for a meal if it's worth it, however it wasn't in this case.

My son never went to the Kids Club, we checked out the Activities, which seemed OK for his age group, however when we went to the pool one day to check out the Kids Club pool basketball (which was scheduled for that time), no one was there. This happened on other days I checked too. Not too sure if maybe the Kids Club isn't a very big hit in off-peak times.

The Fire Walking Ceremony was very entertaining, good music etc, however again the food was miserable.

Overall I recommend if going to this resort, definitaly take your own alcohol, bottled water, as much snack foods as possible (especially for kids) and be prepared to fork out a bit of money in meals and activities, because no activities at the resort come free, everything has a price tag. You have to even pay for mini golf and tennis, which usually comes in the hotel price.

We did have a good time though, and don't regret going to Fiji, which I think we put down to Joe the room service attendant......we have become good friends with and will continue to stay in touch with. The FIJIANS are beautiful people and very loving of your children, don't be afraid to leave them with one of the babysitters!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank blp00
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Myself and a group of friends stayed here for a wedding. We had booked a room for 3 males and were told on out itinerary we would have 3 single beds. Upon arrival the room consisted of 2 doubles + 1 couch. When the staff were approached they said it was a 'travel agent issue' and did not make amends. The toilet seat had urine stains still on it, which meant the rooms were not completely cleaned before arrival which was disappointing given the price of a room per night.

On the evening of the wedding, the guests carried on to the resorts nightclub where we were harrassed and intimidated by a bunch of locals, one being the son of the resort's owner! The incident began when the owner's son started threatening one of our friends who was wearing a Queensland Rugby League shirt. The group clearly wanted to make trouble and the owner (who was present!) did not at all care. We were so angry given we had forked out $1000's dollars to spend at this resort for a joyous occasion. Our group was trying to get on with our night but the group began to physically start trouble and were eventually 'separated' from our party and allowed to still drink and carry on in the next room. When it got to the stage of me helping the bride and groom back to their room, i noticed 8 of them waiting for me, knowing that i would be alone when walking back to my room. I had to jump over a fence and run down the beach just to avoid being beaten by 8 locals INCLUDING THE OWNER'S SON! After spending over $2000 in going there for a wedding and a fun trip i completely regret this experience and given that this behaviour is acceptable by their staff to treat their paying guests like this, i would NOT recommend anyone to stay here.
The resort is full of families and children, however even this is a worry given the traumatizing and violent experience myself and my friends had endured.
Too expensive for what it was.
The food was ordinary and ridiculously overpriced, i paid $34 for an average spaghetti bolognaise, the buffet was overpriced and boring, the drinks were too expensive.

• Stayed: March 2009
4  Thank dcbs
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Bulla I have just returned from 10 nights ay the shangra la with my two children aged 9,7 they had a blast they didnt stop from the moment we arrived they loved the kids club,they really love children in fiji they made so many friends just swimming in the pool and i was able to fully relax we got the meals pack i would strongly advise that you do the same if you are travelling to fiji as food is very expensive, ignore all the wingers they obviously dont know how to enjoy themselves you are in fiji you are on fiji time so if you want around the clock service this is not the place for you we had the time of ourlives we cant wait till march 2010 when we will be returning to shangra la i wiil be happy to answer any questions VINAKA

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank music7
Reviewed March 15, 2009

If you can buy the 'meals inclusive' deal then do it because the pricing at the resort is expensive.
Drinks are expensive so bring your own duty free.
Almost 100% of the coral is dead so don't bother with the glass bottomed boat. If snorkelling is your thing then choose a resort on an outer island, not one connected/on the mainland.
The free internet is great - quite fast too
Beware what might fall from the roof in the restaurant! There are lizards living up in the ceiling and we noticed crap falling onto our table and onto the sofa in the bedrooms.
The gym looked v good (though we didn't use it).
Premium ocean bures are worth an upgrade for a day or two but are quite expensive.
TV reception is v poor and can't be fixed apparently - particularly poor considering how expensive the Premium Ocean Bures are.
Food is v good in the buffet for a week, beyond that it's a bit repetitive.
Service is friendly and warm though in true Fiji style can be v slow so relax and go with the flow.
It's a big resort and caters for everyone. When it is full it could be chaotic because it has a lot of rooms.
Plenty of pools - including an adults only pool which is nice.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple