We have just returned from a week at the Shangri La, with my family of four including two kids 9 & 1. I agree with some of the good and negative comments that this resort receives. To be brief, I experienced the following:
Good: The room was spacious and had undergone a repaint recently and was fine for us.
The general fiji staff are great if you are friendly and show courtesy to them. The staff at the lagoon terrace get very busy, but most are friendly. But you will wait for a drink.
I enjoyed lunch the most, especially the little restaurant at the coral pool on the ocean side. TaKali is also good for the view but limited menu.
We took the Natadola magical tour and would recommend it. I wish I had saved some of the Kids school stuff and toys for the little village kids that we visited after.
The room cleaning is sometimes hit and miss but mostly fine.
Great Nanny, Jose, who my children really liked. (ask ahead for her)
A room on the ground floor is great especially with kids, ours played on the grass in front, whilst we enjoyed afternoon drinks. Our 9 year old loved everything about this resort and could independently go everywhere.
The kids disco is a real hit with the kids.
Front desk staff are not happy to serve or wecome you.
Requests to fix things like the hairdryer / clock etc in room ignored all week.
Upgraded to the ocean side but placed right near the service stairs and across from the housecleaning building and lift. Very noisy at most imes, especially when trying to keep an infant asleep. (room 439)
Expensive drinks and other activities.
The beach massage hut rescheduled a massage time 3 times and then it did not happen!
Lagoon terrace restaurant food can be very repetitive over the week.
The kids club is outdated and really needs a refit. The program was hit and miss and my 9 year old commented that the leader yelled at them and did not have manners! The staff here were older and could do with some younger more enthusiastic staff.
Quite alot of the buildings are looking quite tired and in need of repair.
The TV room and the facilities are also looking like they could have a real update and refresh.
* Buy bottled water by the box and any alcohol/ spirits at the airport before leaving, we took water to the dinner table every night.You are able to buy mixers etc at the shop there
* We also took some kids snacks and wine with us in our bags.
* Jose the Nanny
* The clothes dryers are hopeless, take a lttle rope and pegs to dry things if you need.
* Take the meal plan it comes out alot cheaper and can be credited at the other restuarants at night.
*Your own snorkle and mask.
*Personal bug spray.
We would possible go back for the kids enjoyment, but know we can get that at most resorts and will probably try an island resort like Castaway, treasure etc next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island