We first visited the Shangri-la in April 2004 whilst I was preganant with my now 4 year old. Thought that it would be a good family destination given the amount of families that were there at the time, and it certainly did not disappoint on that front. We stayed for 5 nights from 9 September to 14 September 2008.
The pools, kids club and resort activities cater really well for children, although the kids menu's could be improved from the standard fried food and spag bol. My daughter loved this place, particularly the pool which we had difficulty extracting her from.
We were able to upgrade our ocean view room to a 1 bedroom executive suite on the lagoon side of the resort, which was absolutely fantastic as my husband and I could share some adult time whilst child slept in the other room. We particularly enjoyed our pre & post dinner drinks on the balcony. I highly recommend both the location and the room for families as you are right in the action but able to enjoy some time to yourselves. There were some issues with gurgling plumbing and our front door banging on windy evenings (prompting the 4 year old to shout in her sleep "well close the door then - alrighty!"), but we soon learnt to ignore these minor annoyances.
On the last night my husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner in the pavillion overlooking the sea. Absolutely beautiful - just the two of us enjoying a lovely 4 course meal with the most amazing sorbet dessert which was presented inside of an ice teardrop sculpture. It was great to watch the sun go down as we enjoyed some good champagne and fine foods.
Would we go back - yep. But we might try a few more islands first...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island