This used to be the Fijian Hotel, and has been around for many years. It's a well established, mature facility which offers a tremendous amount for families and is built for volume. For what we paid and got, it was good value.
As many other reviews here state, the hotel _really_ needs attention and an update. Peeling paint, doors that don't quite close and so on. Our room smelled of it being closed for too long while the air conditioner was running with wet towels in the room - mildewy, but it cleared once air was allowed to circulate from outside and was not unpleasant to stay in.
The food in the main area was typical heavy fried/high fat volume stuff designed for the Australasian market of the 80's and 90's - but the roast pork was heavenly and the meats were beautifully done, so I think it needs more a review than a fresh start. Budget around $20/person/meal without drinks on average, although kids tend to eat free for most of whats available The main restaurants were better quality food with prices to match ($40/head ex drinks).
If you can, go for the ground floor lagoon rooms (we stayed in 143 in the block 140-180) - they open onto the grassy area and you walk straight to the lagoon, which was simply brilliant with kids and worth the fees alone.
I really do rate this hotel, and they are close to get all 4/5 from me.... a paintjob and some tlc to the facilities/food and they will own this category, especially if the prices don't go up much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island