We had a stay with a bit of mixed feelings. Our kids loved it, (except the food), we - the adults - enjoyed it too - overall.
The rooms are comfy
The 3 different pools
The kids club
The general staff attitude
Beautiful sunsets, and 2 beautiful beaches, one facing the ocean/reef and one facing the lagoon.
Having stayed at Shangri-La in other parts of the world, this one did not live up to my expectations - at all.
It could do with a major overhaul, although its not exactly at the point where I would call it dilapidated.
The food is just terrible. Having been warned about the food prior to us going, I was thinking that it cant be that bad, after all it is a Shangri-La. Even so, we were still disappointed. If food, other than french fries and pizza (both of which they do decently), is important to you then I would not chose this hotel.
The prices are exorbitant, considering the quality of food.
There are not many excursions taking their starting point around the hotel, so you have to spend 1 hour going into Nadi to get one of the yacht cruises out to the islands.
We feel that Shangri-La offer poor value for money when it comes to quality of its food offerings, making it an only average stay experience.
We are still positive, but for the money we paid, we expected more. Having travelled extensively over Asia and elsewhere, we feel that S.E. Asia offer much better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island