I travelled with my husband and 4 year old daughter to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Overall it was a great experience, the resort is lovely with very friendly and welcoming staff, our lagoon view room was good, very clean and spacious though i would suggest if you are after quite time book a ocean view room.
we pre purchased meal vouchers (30FJD for lunch & 60FJD for dinner p/p) which we felt was not worth it. for our lunches we did not use the full amount which was a waste but at dinners we ended up with paying more than the voucher. At check out we paid around 100FJD for meals and drinks.
the resort offers good activites and its reasonably priced. we went on a caneoing tour, enjoyed banana boat ride,did parasailing though missed out on snorkeling and scuba diving due to weather conditions.
the kids club is fantastic we had a look around but my daughter decided to play on the beach instead.
the only down side was the house keeping service, the toileries and bottled water were never stocked and after requestingover the phone we had to wait for couple of hours before it was delivered to our room. I had to wait for 2 days to get my laundry bag to be picked which at the end I had to leave at the reception.
Also the dinner and dance show at the resort was fantastic though book the table in the front row (shared seating).
To sum it up it was a wonderful holiday with lots of sweet memories we bought back to Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island