Shangri la fiji, is absoloutley stunning, the bad things about the food and everything else is NOT TRUE. You are greeted by fijian musicians and offered free drinks at the reception. The staff will always greet you with Bula, and are always willing to help. The rooms are smaller then they seem but the sheets are clean, and they can chnage the sheets everyday if you wish. You can snorkel and kayak for free for 1 and a half hours, and the lagoon pool and beach is great. I suggest to eat a buffet breakfeast at the Lagoon Terrace as the food is great, and not bad like everyone else is saying.
I suggest you book into the firewalking ceremony, it is absoloutley a great night, with fire dancers and traditional fijian dances. Also do the day trip, its called the magical tour. You go to a stunning beach, ride horses, boogy board, snorkel and relax.
Most of the time you can just kickback by the pool and beach, and order food from wondering waiters to your beach and pool chairs. ( the cocktails are great)
Overall the resort is excellent, i would advise it for familys, dont be put off with all the bad things that people say, cause its not true.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island