My husband and I and our 3 yr old stayed here in March for 9 days and overall were very underwhelmed by the hotel on the whole. The room we had booked originally was outdated and very small, luckily we were able to upgrade to a bure or 9 days would have been a long time in our small room.
Maybe it was the time of the year but a number of the restaurants were closed, this was frustrating as once you are there the options for eating elsewhere (off island) was limited. Food on the whole, for us, was expensive and we found the flavour lacking and the buffet in particular was below standard for the price.
I think a revamp of rooms and the food offered is in order if it is to live up to Shangri-la's brand.
Having said all this the staff are fantastic, management was thoughtful on our wedding anniversary sending us fruit and a bottle of wine and a cake on my birthday.
Activities for the kids and the little chiefs club were great, and the kids pool was a buzz with fun everyday.
For us it was a pity they couldn't offer the complete package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island