I went with a group of friends for some significant birthdays to Shangri La on Yanuaca island, This is a huge resort - possibly the largest in Fiji. Although big, you would not know it on the ground the design and landscaping hides the size. The staff are fantastic - in the typical Fijian way. 'Bula'. The resort was recovering from Cyclone Evan that had hit the western parts of Fiji the week prior to us arriving and there were signs of the clean up still under way to building and gardens with the golf course still closed. Some rooms were closed due to cyclone damage.
The resort is well serviced by 6 in-house restaurants spread throughout the complex. There is a variety of buffet and a la carte eating options available. Generally the food was good but tended to be a bit expensive. There is also 2 bars - The Black Marlin that also is a disco after 9pm and the Bilo Bar a beach side where David sings and shares kava. David has been a part of the resort since 1974 and is a local legend. Drinks were also a bit expensive (kava free) I had a Superior Lagoon View room which was excellent. It was very clean and well maintained by the ever friendly and attentive house-keeping staff.
There is plenty to do as far as water sports go with free kayaks and boards. Also available is para-sailing (F$100 - and fantastic), fishing trips, water skiing and tube rides.
Overall this was great resort in a great location. it is well suited to families but there is enough room to separate the children from adults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island