I stayed here in September this year for 02nights. Since it was for business, I wouldn't complain much but if I were to stay here with my family on a holiday then I would definitely think twice. The positives of this resort are that it is located on its own island "Yanuca" which connects to the mainland through a bridge. The check-in process was handled quite efficiently. The resort on the whole looked quite HUGE but unfortunately due to lack of time, I couldn't explore this resort completely.
Another plus point was that they had some good kids club, a tennis court and a golf course. They even have 3pools and one of which is an "adults only" pool and the family pool is really BIG and faces the beach too.
The resort did look quite old but definitely well kept. The lawns were very well manicured and clean too. The staff were very friendly and never ever forgot to say the sweet 'Bula' every time they walked passed you.
The draw-backs were:
1) ROOM - it looked liked we were staying at the older wing of the resort. Though it was clean, I guess it didn't give a 5* luxury look. The room service was terrible. If you order something in the room, you must tell them to bring it to your room 'quickly' or else they would take their own sweet time. I personally faced this problem couple of times during my stay. 2) PUBLIC RESTROOMS & COMMON AREA: definitely a thumbs down for the terrible maintenance of the public toilets and some of the sun loungers, where the cushions were in terrible conditions.
An overall refurbishment of rooms & surrounding areas are highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island