This was our seventh holiday to the Fijian, so we knew about the lack of maintenance and slow service etc but what we diden't expect was the money grabing attitude the management has adopted.
There is a lot to do at the resort but you soon tire of the high priced food offered and start looking for restaurants off the resort. The Fijian management seem to go to great lengths to keep you on the resort which is distasteful. The staff will tell you that they are not allowed by management to help you book any activity off the resort. Some unofficially gave us a phone number to ring but we couldnt call, because the internal phones were not working for the length of our stay.
For instance, there is a reasonable restaurant across the road from the Fijian about a ten minuite walk. This is ok in the dry but in the rain with children, it is difficult. This restaurant provides a bus to return you back to the resort but they are not permitted to pick you up.
We stayed in the lagoon wing which was reasonable and if you had a first or second floor room the hallway in the room was always wet and slippery. This is due to the poorly insulated air conditioning unit in the room below which cooled the concrete and caused condensation. We had to keep a towel permantly on the floor.
We will definately go back to Fiji because we love the people but we would definately not go back to the Shangri-la Fijian resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island