We went to fiji for our wedding in late Oct 2007 we have a 4yr old girl and twin sons 18mths. We stayed in an Ocean View Family Room (due to 5 in room policy) near the Takali restaurant. I had prior to going read a lot of reviews on trip advisor to find out a general consensus of opinion from previous visitors. I can't believe that people have and can give this place a less than good review. We had an absolutely wonderful time doing as much or little as we wanted.
We did banana boat, jet ski, snorkelling, netball with Johnny and loads of swimming and relaxing (at bilo bar). The firewalking and lovo were very good.
Our 4yr old had a ball with the resort activities and kids club the couple of times she went, our twins were a bit more restricted due to their ages, but they enjoyed their swimming and playing in the sand and you can supervise them in the kids club.
We had 26 adults for our wedding along with their children and in all the time we were there I never heard one complaint about the resort or fiji time being a problem.
The only complaint we have was the one night we ventured to Gecko's (I have read other favourable reviews about) to try some food outside the resort, we had to wait 3 hours for our food and when it did arrive some meals were cold??? We did have about 20 diners this may have caused a problem for them. Some of our friends went to Tomlu's and enjoyed their meals and service.
Their really isn't any real reason to venture from the resort for food. We ate at all the restaurants and thought the food was good as well as the breakfast buffet. Coral Cafe serves a wicked lunch on the one day we actually had lunch, Takali had very nice asian and seafood you won't need an entree though. Bistro has been moved while they renovate the lagoon terrace were the bistro usually is. Childrens meals were adequate, I would recommend maybe taking some extra's in suitcase for little ones though as they can be finnicky.
Our wedding was handled wonderfully and have nothing but compliments for the service that was provided for this. The chapel (a postcard) and receptions (reef lawn & takali deck) were absolutely wonderful locations.
We will definately be going back for our 1st anniversary, the only thing we will change is to stay for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island