“Suva Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lami
NP
“Suva Wedding”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Service was very slow! Had to wait a long time after ording anything - certainly Island time that is for sure.
Food was average nothing special really and not very good value for money.
Bed was too hard.
Location seemed to be a fair way from airport or anywhere really.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear NPAsq

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay.

I apologize your felt your experience was below par and that that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we do have policies and procedures in place to ensure we deliver on professional and timely service - in light of your comments we will review these with the relevant teams to ensure we deliver on our won standards more consistently.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

At first I thought it was a good hotel. The rooms are an average size and clean. The service was really poor. The room was not cleaned until after 5pm. I asked for a 2nd towel at 6pm, none came that day. Ordering food and drinks takes forever. One night when there was a rugby match on the turned the volume up, on the TV in the foyer, so high you could not hold a conversation. The waiters, especially male ones, were so engrossed in the game, we had to go and order from the bar. They kept playing the same Simon and Gardfunkel songs, over and over and over. I was charged twice for the same drink, because the waitress was inattentive. She also brought a cold cup of coffee ........ Need I go on? Overall it's not a bad place to stay, if you grit your teeth and don't pay attention to some issues. The hotel staff are good, polite and frindly but I think they lack training in customer care. Suva city centre is less than F$10 (10 minutes) taxi trip away. Don't write this hotel off just yet. I think they can easily improve things.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chisanga C
Dear Paswell C

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay at Novotel Suva Lami Bay and you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. The team are conscious and regretful of the impression they made upon you the night of the rugby and this does not reflect the general level of customer care and service the team usually provide as the other comments on Trip Advisor will attest. The Fijian people love their rugby and it is not an uncommon sight in any hotel or resort in Fiji to see what you experienced - this is by no means an excuse just more of a reasoning behind the experience you encountered.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The Novotel is in a great location. The surrounds are beautiful and the hotel is spacious and well kept. The room was a bit on the small side for a week but I can live with that. What did become utterly tiring though is the one CD that was on the hotel bar/restaurant - if i hear Simon and Garfunkel again I may have to kill someone! I asked a couple of times for this to be changed but it never was and in the end we took our business elsewhere - only 10 dollars in a cab to Suva town and plenty of other options there for eating and drinking. My major gripe with the Novotel was the late room cleaning. Every day we stayed there we were out of the room by 9am and only back at 4-5pm and yet the room had never been cleaned by the time we got back. A couple of times I raised as an issue but after an hour gave up waiting for the cleaner and made the bed, looked for new towels, etc myself. Not great - if the service improved this could really be a great hotel - but sadly most business people opt for the Holiday Inn as it's just that little bit better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travellingnickers
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear travellingnickers

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we reviewing your comments closely regarding the servicing of your room - the hotel has been running at high occupancy and we will take the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were walk-in guests, first night good in 1-bed suite. We wanted to extend our stay to the 2-bed suite and to cut a long story short, we wasted the better part of the morning hanging around in the room waiting for Reservations to get back to us - they didn't and at around 1.20pm, we went to check out. My husband ask to speak to the GM but he was unavailable and so sent is associate Doreen (Reservations/Sales Manager?), by which time I was in the car sobbing like a mad woman ready to drive off. To her credit, she apologised and offer us a discounted room and breakfast rate and so we stayed a further four nights. The room itself was clean, airy and cool, but full of design flaws; the microwave and wall units are set far too high - admittedly, I am very short, but even my six feet husband had to stretch. I called maintenance and they place the microwave on the bench top, which is at least three feet deep and so I couldn't reach the utensils that sat at the back. There is only one bathroom, inadequate for a party of 3 adults and 2 children that the room accommodates. This in itself was a battle as we were originally told that a rollaway could not be placed in the room. There are two shower heads in the one bathroom, romantic but not practical, and only one toilet. There are no full length mirrors and no mirror in the second bedroom.The single safe is set high in the cupboard which I couldn't reach and my 5'5 son struggled with. A TV in the bedroom would have been a nice option, particularly when they couldn't get the DVD player to play my UK DVDs. The main reason given was that the LG player was configured for pirate DVDs rather than originals. It was our last night and the staff that came to fix it were so sweet I didn't have the heart or energy to tell them they simply needed the regional pass code settings from the LG manual to allow the DVDs to be played. The springs from the sofa bed mattress were sticking out and sharp as nails, which housekeeping sorted out. I must emphasise that wherever we did raise an issue, the staff were very prompt in their attempts to correct. The internet connection in the room cannot be done remotely unless you have a laptop connected via Ethernet cable, therefore we were unable to use any of our Apple devices in the room, only through a wifi connection in the main lobby. Overall, this is not what I expected from an Accor hotel. Our experience was the main reason we chose not to stay at the Sofitel in Nadi - whilst the Sofitel is of a different calibre, I couldn't risk another disappointment here, particularly as the bar was set so high by Sofitel Grand at Sopot. Given the original room rates I would not call this value for money. This has been difficult to rate because most of the staff were friendly and professional, the room in appearance is lovely but the design flaws and lack of in-room wifi and functioning DVD player became annoying.

Room Tip: The one-bed is better than the two-bed although will only accommodate accordingly. However, it is up...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Greg L

We very much appreciate your review regarding your stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us

We are delighted that your enjoyed your dining experience in our unique restaurant right on the waters edge and appreciated the staff and their friend and helpful approach.

I will share your comments with our team this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My Wife and I were blown away by Novotel. Not at all what we expected for Suva. The main entryway was impressive, clean and organized, there was ample staff to help us check in and assist us with out bags, there was a car available almost the moment we needed it, the food was great (4.5 out of 5), it's right on the water and we were able to watch the rain roll in. The staff was friendly and helpful, and even gave us some pointers with our itinerary because we wanted to sort of go "off the beaten path". Its 10 minutes (if you get stuck in traffic) away from City Center, and probably 25 minutes from the Fiji Federal Buildings. Far enough away that you get a quiet stay, close enough that it's chic and metropolitan in feel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view on the second floor, the balcony isn't much but it's nice to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Greg L

Labasa, Fiji
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was travelling with my 5 month old baby & the staff were really helpful. My babies food was prepared (as I wanted),& a nanny was provided, who was just superb & she even freshened my baby to perfection! Most say that was a bit nervous as it was my babies first trip but thanks to the helpful staff----travelling made easy!
Though, must advise management that the sitting arrangement outside the room was spoilt by rain! Solution:get stand umbrellas!
P.S--REALLY HELPS BEING AN ACCOR CARD MEMBER!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 300's are excellent. Though a 3 minute walk 4rm reception but really quiet and the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Shelly C

Thank for choosing to stay with us at Novotel Suva Lami Bay and for your comments which we
very much appreciate. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, however even more so when the comments are about our staff who genuinely care and go that extra mile for our guests when an opportunity presents itself.

I will share these comments with the team they will be proud of their efforts recognized and this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and also you constructive feedback and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The rooms are tidy, spacious, and modern. The bed is not very comfortable though, and was always squeaking; I called the reception and complained about it; they said they were going to send the manager, but they didn't. Anyhow the hotel is environmentally friendly and the view from the room is nice and relaxing: few small islands in the middle of the sea, nice sunset, yachts passing by. The pool is small and not very impressive; the lounge area and bar are comfy and nice... The location of the hotel is good knowing that there are few hotels in Suva that are in a calm area and overlook the sea.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Ameera D

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. I am sorry that your not all of your experiences met your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

However it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, especially when it pertains to our environmental initiatives and programs that we have in place

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lami
Holiday Inn Suva
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Novotel Suva Lami Bay? Share your experiences!