“Professional and Hassle-Free”

Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We visited Fiji in early November to attend a wedding and chose this resort because it was mentioned somewhere that it had the best beach. The beach was not great (although better than the other resorts) but everything else was super. The pool was large and the adults only section is neatly separated from the main pool area without feeling isolated.

We were happy with the cleanliness of the room and the grounds in general. Wi-Fi reception was good anywhere in the resort.
We visited members of the wedding party staying at other resorts and were glad to have chosen the Radisson. It felt more modern and the atmosphere more relaxed.

The shops at the other resorts seemed better than the Radisson, though.

We had a nice Mexican meal at the Wyndham resort next door.

It is not within easy walking distance to the Port area, but the Bula bus makes regular stops right in front of the hotel lobby and taxis are easy to get and reasonably priced.
We were able to book a day excursion at the resort with no trouble.
There is a pathway that follows the water's edge past all of the resorts on Denarau and we used this often both day and night when visiting our friends at the other resorts.

I definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lillian L
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Lillian L

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu whilst attending wedding celebrations and for your complimentary review for other Tripadvisor members to read. It certainly sounds as if you were pleased with your choice after visiting other resorts.

I do hope that the wedding you were attending became a memorable day and that all in the party had a special time - Fiji is a great destination to choose for important celebrations! Your recommendation to others is appreciated and perhaps we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Vinaka Vakalevu and Kind Regards

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I spent a week here with hubby and 3 boys (10,7 & 5) at the end of November (so still low season). We were looking for a relaxing break after a hectic year. The radisson delivered. I booked the trip some months ago through Expedia.com.au. Having 5 of us I chose the cheapest option (the hotel rooms) which meant spreading ourselves across two rooms. Be warned, if you are trying to get the cheapest deal then your rooms will NOT be side by side as the configuration is a suite next to a hotel room. Personally it was not a problem for us but others may not like this.
The swimming pools were fantastic - the boys loved the water slide. Also, there are shade sails over parts of the main pool which was great. I brought breakfast cereal from home to keep our costs down a bit.The hotel happily provided us with UHT milk. Certainly we would have spent a significant amount of money if we ate out for three meals a day. We ate at the Waterfront restaurant one night which was fine. Towards the end of the week we ate beside the pool for lunch - chicken wings,club sandwiches etc. This was very good. There are "minimarts" at various resorts which allows you to self cater if you wish. Yes, they are more expensive than Nadi but you do pay for the convenience. Our boys went to the kids club for one night session - this included dinner and the torch lighting which was really fun (FJ30 per child). Our 10 year old wasn't particularly keen to go back but the younger ones would have if we had more time. Our rooms were serviced every day and hubby and the boys made use of the free non-motorised water activities. I thought the beach at Denerau was ok but we come from the Gold Coast so the lack of golden sand did not bother us. If you are looking for a family friendly resort style holiday close to Oz then the radisson blu is hard to beat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ozmumof3boys
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Bula Ozmumof3boys

Thank you for taking for taking time to write a review of your holiday here with us on Denarau - from your comments it sounded like you had a fun, relaxing time!

It sounds as if you managed to enjoy most of what our resort has to offer - water sports, kids club, pools and restaurants. I'm glad that all met your expectations and contributed to a great family holiday.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our resort in the future and in the meantime,

Vinaka Vakalevu

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

From my experience, I would recommend the Radisson to anyone that is planning a trip to Fiji. In my opinion, the Radisson is the perfect place for families and couples. Unfortunately I didn't have the luxury of actually staying at this hotel, however I was in and out of the place quite often for breakfast, lunch, dinner and lazy days at the pool with a friend of mine. While in Fiji, I stayed at the Novotel for a few nights. In comparison, I now wish that I had booked in at the Radisson instead; purely because I found the place more enjoyable. The Novotel was fine but I found that the Novotel is better suited for older people whereas the Radisson suits all ages; as an 18 year old, I quite enjoyed the atmosphere and environment. You can never get bored. I found the food to be delightful and theres many different restaurants to choose from with a vast variety of food. I got the chance to dine at Lomani Wei which is dinner in the pool, it is definitely something to try if you are there. There are a number of pools to relax in and a water slide for the kids along with an amazing activities team that can put a smile on any kid's face. I really do wish I could have stayed here for at least a night. Thank you for making my time in Fiji feel like a real holiday.

2  Thank elambden1
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Bula elambden1 and greetings from Fiji

It was fantastic to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed the services and facilities on offer here at Radisson Blu Fiji. We appreciate your lovely comments.

I'm especially glad that you had the opportunity to experience Lomani Wai, our dining in the water evening, which is quite unique to Denarau. Our guests really seem to appreciate the uniqueness of the setting as well as the food and wine! Perhaps next time you visit Fiji you may get the opportunity to stay with us and sample the comfort of our rooms - we would love to extend our Fijian hospitality to you again!

Vinaka Vakalevu

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We'd been to the Coral Coast 10 years ago and had a good stay, pre children. We were recommended through BYO Kids travel agency that this was the best place to stay, now, with kids. Gee were they right. The staff at this resort are the among the most genuinely friendly and obliging we've seen; and we've been to many resorts throughout the South Pacific and Asia. The lagoon pool is perfect to monitor kids, also sufficiently enormous in size that they won't get bored. The water slide kept our kids endlessly happy. An adult pool adjacent to the lagoon pool is an alternate for those parents with older kids who want a quieter retreat.

The activities group (Bill, Ben, Alice, Emma et al) had endless patience and energy to enthuse our three kids (aged 3, 4 and 7) with anything from coconut bowls, water activities in the pool, fish feeding at the beach, frog races and crab races. They will also feed your children and provide outfits for the evening torch lighting for a small fee ($10 FJ). We stayed 13 days and the kids chose to go there intermittently.

The service desk staff answered all of the general questions without prejudice or favouritism and were always polite and courteous (Roco!). Housekeeping were so friendly it's not funny. The small touches were so pleasing, flower petals in the names of our daughters on their beds, them remembering our names, etc.

At various times throughout various parts of the resort there were staff singing and playing serene background music. Their talent was brilliant and added for such a pleasant and calming environment. There is ample choice for dining at the resort and food quality is excellent there, however, an alternate is always the local marina which has 8 or so restaurants that are reasonably priced with variations on cuisine. Seafood is locally caught and very reasonably priced. The marina is a $5 FJ taxi drive or a 20 minute walk.

Our room was a one bedroom suite, which consisted of a kitchenette, small lounge/dining, bathroom and a separate bedroom. With 3 kids, we placed 2 of them on a double pullout sofa and single rollaway bed in the lounge. This provided a great price alternate to so many resorts that require you to have 2 bedrooms for more than 4 occupants (which often doubles the cost of accom). Tap water is drinkable and a few bottles of complimentary bottled water is provided daily. Not one of our children fell ill during the stay and we went with another family of 4 whom also made it through unscathed (which hasn't seemed to be the case during our stays in Bali and Thailand..)

Gerard Knights the resort manager made himself known and available to guests and appeared to strive for valuable feedback to improve the facilities.

There were some minor buildings works occurring to remedy some damage done through cyclone storms but this posed absolutely no inconvenience to our stay and even the contractors, sweating their guts out, would stop and wave at guests.

All in all, this resort seemed to have the best attention to guests and great kids' amenities when compared to the other adjoining resorts I visited during my stay (one often has a peek to see what they have to offer should you return again); it trumped many other similar resorts in Asia Pacific, and is brilliant value for money.

I haven't contributed to TripAdvisor in the past, but felt this place and holiday experience worthy of mentioning to those of you wanting a great, friendly, value for money holiday.

Vinaka Radisson Blu, The Astills.

2  Thank AstillFamily
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Hello AstillFamily

Wow! It sounds as if you had the perfect family holiday at Radisson Blu Fiji. We are so pleased that we have managed to exceed your expectations and helped you and your family have a relaxing, fun time here in Fiji.

Yes, our staff are renowned for their genuine friendliness and it sounds as if your children enjoyed spending time with our crazy Actiivites crew! I will certainly pass on your kind comments to those you specifically mentioned. It was a pleasure meeting you at GM cocktails and I thank you for taking time to write about your experience staying with us.

We would be delighted to welcome you back if you chose Fiji as your holiday destination once again.

Vinaka Vakalevu and Kind Regards

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our second holiday to Fiji, but our first stay at the Radisson Blu (which was recommended by a friend).
We stayed for nine days from 29/11/13-7/12/13 and we absolutely loved it. Myself, my husband and our two children (8 & 5) were blown away with the resort, it's absolute fantastic and so much fun. The resort is beautiful and the staff are so friendly, they go above and beyond to help with your every need. Both my children loved the kids club, especially "Harry Banana", "Eliza Banana" & "Elmo Banana", what great guys! Also the pools and the water slide were a huge hit. Our suite room was beautiful and clean, with a spectacular sea view (room 286).
My husband and I cant speak highly enough of this resort, my only regret was we didn't book to stay longer. A very big "Vinaka" to the Radisson Blu staff, see you all again in 2014!

2  Thank Bondrov
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Bula Bondrov

I don't think Tripadvisor reviews can get much better than yours on our property here on Denarau. We are delighted that you enjoyed yourselves so much here. Vinaka Vakalevu!

I will certainly thank the "Bananas" personally for providing such helpful and friendly service and entertaining your children so well. Happy children usually equals happy parents!

It sounds as if we will be able to we will be able to welcome you once again to our resort in 2014. Have a wonderful family Christmas and see you all next year.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was pretty disappointed with the Radisson Blu - if you stay on Denarau you're looking for luxury accommodation to make up for the lack of a decent beach (vs the island resorts). I wasn't expecting world class five star luxury - and you forgive a lot in holiday mode - but this fell a fair way short.

Disappointments included:
- half the pool was closed for renovations (no notice advising of this in booking); builders painting and banging every morning; had to navigate around scaffolding and painting equipment to get out of the hotel
- there were cockroaches in the room (quite a lot of them - I killed 5-10 a day)
- room was pretty tired and not very clean - mould in the bathroom, sheets had threadbare patches that were almost worn through, ceiling fan didn't work (wouldn't turn on), hair from previous occupants in the drawers...
- old TV that kept switching to the green screen of death (maintenance patiently explained this happens all the time and you just need to leave it on for 2 minutes, then switch it off and on again)
- bland generic western food options (nothing local / no diversity) at Western pricing - and there was literally one dish I could get for room service (fried eggplant) - room service had none but put me through to the one resort restaurant that did delivery and had ONE vegetarian dish.
- the power went out halfway through a movie I'd purchased - reception told me to repurchase it and explain when I went to pay the bill and they'd fix it - but no way to get back to where I was, they just laughed and said I'd have to watch it again
- I should have done my research better but the "beach" is full of sediment and no good for swimming or snorkelling; also has a lot of sea lice - I went for a swim on the first day and came out covered in bites. The pools are fine but with half of them out of action for renovations they were pretty busy.

There were a few positives:
- This would probably be a really easy hotel to come to with young kids as the minder service looks to be pretty good (the minders really put in a lot of effort and seem to enjoy looking after kids).
- Cleaning and activities staff (pool etc) were lovely and very friendly.
- Food at the flash restaurant was quite nice (at higher end prices - i.e. $100+ a head) - French-style menu
- really lovely views from the rooms out over the pools and to the ocean.
- there's a local bus (called "west bus") that runs every 5-10 minutes from Denarau to Nandi (fare is about $2 and it stops right outside the Radisson) - the route into Nandi is along a series of unmade roads through the local farming neighbourhood - was a really enjoyable impromptu local sightseeing tour (I went back on a long run a couple of days later to explore further)

But in general - for a five star resort I'd expect a lot more.

Room Tip: lagoon view is looking across the pools and out to the ocean - quite nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank p w
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear p w. Vinaka and thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read your list of positives but obviously disappointed to see an equally long list of negatives. It would have been really good to have discussed these items face to face at GM cocktails, rather than discover your disappointment when it’s too late to really make amends. Regardless if you make contact with me at the hotel I would still appreciate the opportunity to apologize personally.
For the sake of guests staying with us in the next two weeks, I must just clarify the renovations picture that you have painted somewhat unfairly. We have had notices on our brand website, all other travel websites and with our key partner travel agents, advising guests of this work since the contract was confirmed. I must be clear however that NO POOLS OR GUEST FACILITIES ARE CLOSED. The work is on a large water feature that the lobby overlooks and whilst I can’t promise that no guest has ever swam in that water feature, the few that did, generally had a very good night in the bar first! The work started 5th November and will be completed prior to Christmas – we are already on the downhill stretch and the end result will be a huge enhancement for the resort.
The other concerns you have raised are clearly well justified hence my enthusiasm to talk and make amends. I can say that new TVs are on order as we know our existing TVs are failing fast and many do sometimes need “nurturing into life” which is unacceptable.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to talk during the week.
Vinaka Vakalevu - Gerard Knight, General Manager.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I took my girls here and our stay was amazing. The staff are second to none and will do whatever it takes to make your stay amazing. Thankyou to some special staff members and a special Nanny named Va who looked after Kye as if he was her son.To Ben a great young man who took the girls out and looked after them like they were Queens. And Jogi the first person you see when entering the Radisson Blu He took my Grandson Kye and showered him with love and affection thankyou Radisson Blu for these employees look after them they have so much to offer your customers. We will be back

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Simone R

Bula Simone R

We are always delighted to read that our team here at Radisson Blu Fiji have helped to make your stay "amazing". Thank you for your kind review.

I will pass on your regards to those specific employees mentioned - we do recognise those who receive positive comments. And we certainly try our best to look after our team - you would have been very pleased to see everyone yesterday having a truly Fijian fun night for our employee Christmas Party!

Kind Regards

Sheraton Denarau Villas
Sheraton Denarau Villas
#4 of 8 in Denarau Island
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island? Share your experiences!